Author Topic: 65/66 Parking Brake shaft "catch piece" replacement.  (Read 2468 times)

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
65/66 Parking Brake shaft "catch piece" replacement.
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »
Does anybody / vendor have a  replacement for this part. I didn't know what to call it but it's the spring loaded "catch piece" that that when you pull the hand brake it catches on the teeth of the shaft. See pics

I didn't feel the need to replace the entire parking brake assembly just of this wear item. I suppose I could have it welded up and grind it back to shape but a quick post on this lovely forum came to mind for a possible replacement source. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
~Earl J
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:44:57 PM by SFM5S000 »

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 65/66 Parking Brake shaft "catch piece" replacement.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »
It's called a parking brake pawl.   NPD, and I'm sure others, have it:
https://www.npdlink.com/store/?p=catalog&mode=newsearch&search_str=parking+brake+pawl&parent=1&year=0
Greg Z
6S2249

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »
Does anybody / vendor have a  replacement for this part. I didn't know what to call it but it's the spring loaded "catch piece" that that when you pull the hand brake it catches on the teeth of the shaft. See pics

I didn't feel the need to replace the entire parking brake assembly just of this wear item. I suppose I could have it welded up and grind it back to shape but a quick post on this lovely forum came to mind for a possible replacement source. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,Earl
I believe the part is symmetrical and you can just turn it around to use the other unused side of the pawl.

~Earl J
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267