News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hagerty Valuation Guide

Started by BGlover67, March 10, 2018, 03:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Wow!  Those are some pretty significant jumps!  Thanks for sharing.

And, yes - they most CERTAINLY should be taken with a grain of salt.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

CSX 4133

Hemmings Valuations is another option.

https://www.hemmings.com/price-guide/

In either case they are tools in helping determine the "market" based on reported private sales and public auctions. The condition scores, originality, provenance all have a bearing on the valuations which in the end are there to help you make an informed decision.

SFM6S087

Here's the report for a regular 1966 GT350 (non-Hertz). And notice the Value Adjustment note: "+35% for 1965 carry-over cars up to S/N 252." Pretty soon we'll be talking about big money. Ha, ha!

Steve

If this trend could continue, a late entry owner could have his car restored to a high level and not be too far underwater.    ;D

Bigfoot

He will only drown a little....?
;)
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

J_Speegle

Quote from: SFM6S087 on March 10, 2018, 01:25:49 PM
Here's the report for a regular 1966 GT350 (non-Hertz). And notice the Value Adjustment note: "+35% for 1965 carry-over cars up to S/N 252." Pretty soon we'll be talking about big money. Ha, ha!

Steve

Interesting that they have the non- Hertz cars valued higher but no notation or "adjustment" for non-Hertz automatic cars. 

Just an observation
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

propayne

As per usual, they don't even seem to understand what an XR7-G Cougar is  :P

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: J_Speegle on March 11, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

Steve

Interesting that they have the non- Hertz cars valued higher but no notation or "adjustment" for non-Hertz automatic cars. 

Just an observation

Agreed. 

For the longest time, non-Hertz cars were actually valued higher by Hagerty.  And, I understand that it's a SIGNIFICANT difference in price between an original automatic and manual GT350H. 
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

I think the H non H thing is cyclical. Phase of the moon etc.
Last couple 2-3 decades.
Ask any of the "grey hairs."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm5

Quote from: CSX 4133 on March 10, 2018, 10:30:11 AM

Hemmings Valuations is another option.

https://www.hemmings.com/price-guide/

I find the problem with Hemmings is it is based on "asking price" history (versus Hagerty based on actual "selling price" history). Also Hemmings does not filter out clones/tributes which skews the average price. For example, if you input the '65 GT350 you will see the lowest asking price of $42K (over the last 3 years). Obviously that is not a real '65 Shelby. That makes the numbers almost meaningless IMHO.
65 GT350

SFM6S087

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 11, 2018, 07:02:40 PM
Quote from: J_Speegle on March 11, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

Steve

Just an observation

Agreed. 

For the longest time, non-Hertz cars were actually valued higher by Hagerty.  And, I understand that it's a SIGNIFICANT difference in price between an original automatic and manual GT350H.

For 1966 GT350 it looks like their assumption is 4-spd, so there should be an adjustment downward for an automatic.

For 1966 GT350H it looks like their assumption is automatic, so there should be an adjustment upward for a 4-spd.

With the proper adjustments I'd think a Hertz 4-spd would be worth more than a non-Hertz 4-spd because of their rarity. Just my opinion.

Now, who has some pull with Hagerty so we can get this corrected?

Steve

CharlesTurner

'68 GT350 has -20% for an automatic, big hit.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Greg

I do believe there has to be some sort of historically kept "average" and right or wrong, the Hagerty valuation model seems to be what we have.  As we all can agree, at the end of the day, a car is only worth what a person is willing to pay.  One thing for sure, it will be interesting to watch in the coming years.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1