Author Topic: someone got a deal!  (Read 13927 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: someone got a deal!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
We think it really did well, here are some values from early this year. With everything that's going on we truly think these early values have tanked possibly 20-30%. But remember all that goes down will eventually go up...

Tell that to the Model T and Model A owners for example  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:35 PM »
Great point, that is a finite market that tanked and will not be resurrected in our life time.   Hmmmmm......:(

Tell that to the Model T and Model A owners for example  ::)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 08:48:59 PM »
Hello friend,

What car did they sell?

Was it a 65/66?

No, this was/is a 69 GT350 and those where the prices earlier this year for a 69 GT350, when the situation was normalized or as close to it.

The 65/66/67 are in a class of their own.

Find me all the 66 shelbys that are $50k
Better yet, all the concours ones for $95k

No friend this thread was about a 66 hertz.  I know it can get confusing with all your posts.

6S1114

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 09:04:15 PM »

Or concours under $100K
You beat my modification by seconds.

We're on the same page.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 09:12:19 PM »
Hello friend,

What car did they sell?

Was it a 65/66?

No, this was/is a 69 GT350 and those where the prices earlier this year for a 69 GT350, when the situation was normalized or as close to it.

No friend this thread was about a 66 hertz.  I know it can get confusing with all your posts.

ROTFLMAO!!!
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2020, 09:18:48 PM »
Correct,  I was comparing values for 65-67 that are pretty recession proof vs 68 up.

No friend this thread was about a 66 hertz.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »
+1

Hello friend,

What car did they sell?

Was it a 65/66?

ROTFLMAO!!!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 10:46:53 PM »
We think it really did well, here are some values from early this year. With everything that's going on we truly think these early values have tanked possibly 20-30%. But remember all that goes down will eventually go up...

with the modifications on it i don't think it so low in curent market ..?

It appears that the SAAC forum is filled with lots of very unhappy passive aggressive trolls - The guy got a good deal on that Hertz car - No wonder lots of people hate this forum now - it's all Debbie Downer all the time here.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 05:34:43 AM »

It appears that the SAAC forum is filled with lots of very unhappy passive aggressive trolls - The guy got a good deal on that Hertz car - No wonder lots of people hate this forum now - it's all Debbie Downer all the time here.

My post what just a remark on the value , telling  in my opinion ,it's not so much out off the range of value for a 66 in this condition, now if this making me a
"very unhappy passive aggressive trolls" in your book , it does not in mine.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2020, 07:19:44 AM »
The market is what the market is. I am glad they are coming down, remember its a fun hobby.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
Good morning!

No you are so wrong,  we in Florida are probably the most happy go lucky bunch of folks that you will ever meet.

Well maybe not you.

All we stated as other have on this forum is that it was a decent transaction for both parties.

That the market is tanked due to the current situations covid 19, civil unrest, stock market, etc. But in the end we mentioned that it should bounce back

Well got to go, boats running, to the water and beyond.

P.S. follow our daily inspirational quotes at FL SAAC and have a great day, adios!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 08:07:18 AM »

Sir, you have been the most Debbie Downer of anyone I have seen on this site in some time.  Be part of the solution not the problem, your comment above wasn't necessary unless you just want to stir the pot. 

How about you starting the positive vibe that you say is needed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:37:33 AM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 08:10:55 AM »
Thank you for notifying us with your concern.

We have turned it over to our concern commity.

They will be actively dissecting the situation and soon will respond to your enquiry.

Again thank you for contacting us!

Sir, you have been the most Debbie Downer of anyone I have seen on this site in some time.  Be part of the solution on the problem, your comment above wasn't necessary unless you just want to stir the pot. 

How about you starting the positive vibe that you say is needed.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 09:00:33 AM »
Here we go again.... that didn't take long ::)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »
Well, I still think a white with gold Hertz is a good deal when grabbed for under $115.