Author Topic: someone got a deal!  (Read 13922 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: someone got a deal!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 10:43:36 AM »
No doubt about that.

Well, I still think a white with gold Hertz is a good deal when grabbed for under $115.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 11:07:03 AM »
Ha ha ha - yes clearly a happy group why here is a typical SAAC forum Thanksgiving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1AjaNjack
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 10:20:02 PM »
replacement 289ci V8 paired with a Tremec five-speed and a 30 year old "refurbishment". Bought for fair market value.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »
Only interest  that I have in this deal is that the new owner become a member of SAAC, if he already is not a member, and that he and the car come to SAAC events to meet, greet and show.  The rest is a private sale and hope both buyer and seller are happy.  Not my monkey, not my circus. 8)

eric lipper

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 07:32:38 AM »
To give some real world color on the price I paid more than that for my 1966 GT350 in January of this year.  I looked at a dozen GT350's before I made my selection and everything in the $100,000 range was a hard pass for me.  At about $125,000 I was finding the car(s) that I was looking for and then the next level was to jump to something truly concours and restored to the "book" which is where I eventually ended up.  Although the world has obviously changed since then, and prices certainly have been impacted, my view is that every car really stands on its own in terms of price and the desire of the buyer.  For me I wanted one which was truly a concours car, a fresh restoration and restored by someone who did it correctly and not just pretty.  Car 889 that I purchased had been to SAAC and done well in the judging which certainly gives it extra provenance and maybe some extra bucks in value -- who knows?  The car also had great paperwork and a day one photo along with cool history.  I never saw this Hertz but looking at the pics it would not be concours in my grading -- it was an excellent driver.  I think the price, with a $5000 buyer's premium, at 20% less than I paid was a correct retail price.
1947 Beech Staggerwing
1955 Beech Bonanza
1963 Vette Split Window
1965 Jag Conv
1966 GT350
1967 GT500
1968 GT500KR Conv
1969 Boss 429
1969 GT500 Conv
1978 King Cobra
1984 Aerostar 700P
2001 King Air F90GT
2002 Enzo
2005 Ford GT
2005 NSX

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2020, 09:36:29 AM »
To give some real world color on the price I paid more than that for my 1966 GT350 in January of this year.  I looked at a dozen GT350's before I made my selection and everything in the $100,000 range was a hard pass for me.  At about $125,000 I was finding the car(s) that I was looking for and then the next level was to jump to something truly concours and restored to the "book" which is where I eventually ended up.  Although the world has obviously changed since then, and prices certainly have been impacted, my view is that every car really stands on its own in terms of price and the desire of the buyer.  For me I wanted one which was truly a concours car, a fresh restoration and restored by someone who did it correctly and not just pretty.  Car 889 that I purchased had been to SAAC and done well in the judging which certainly gives it extra provenance and maybe some extra bucks in value -- who knows?  The car also had great paperwork and a day one photo along with cool history.  I never saw this Hertz but looking at the pics it would not be concours in my grading -- it was an excellent driver.  I think the price, with a $5000 buyer's premium, at 20% less than I paid was a correct retail price.

This is an intelligent response. Thank you for that.

It would seem that in every group there is always one that is a miserable SOB and just loves to pass that on to others by sharing it. This forum is no different.

They aren't exactly trolls by definition, just kind of like"Johnny Appleseed", who just like to travel and spread their seed of misery thinking that we all here are just as miserable as they are?

The answer is no we aren't and if they had half a brain, they'd be dangerous? As the saying goes, you just can't fix stupid and here's the kicker, they will agree to that and are just too stupid to realize that we are talking about them?

Seeing eye dogs can go just so far?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2020, 10:03:47 AM »
Nobody can argue with real world results, and I am not. But I believe color plays a big role.

I paid a premium to have a not-red FGT. A Premium to have a not-red GT500 and would expect to pay some premium to have a not-red GT350 (i.e. White with Gold).

Tho just a driver, I think this was one of the more rare and desirable color combinations.

Just my opinion and personal experience.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »

This is an intelligent response. Thank you for that.

It would seem that in every group there is always one that is a miserable SOB and just loves to pass that on to others by sharing it. This forum is no different.

They aren't exactly trolls by definition, just kind of like"Johnny Appleseed", who just like to travel and spread their seed of misery thinking that we all here are just as miserable as they are?

The answer is no we aren't and if they had half a brain, they'd be dangerous? As the saying goes, you just can't fix stupid and here's the kicker, they will agree to that and are just too stupid to realize that we are talking about them?

Seeing eye dogs can go just so far?  ::)

+1

With the new changes to the forum these perpetrators will be more obvious to the forum at large.

I have always welcomed and appreciated others opinions about this hobby. I can do without the incessant "look at me" posts that have proliferated the forum since the crash.

Too bad there are some immature individuals rushing in here intoxicated with the power of the keyboard trying to steal the conversation and firing shots at the innocent.

IF YOU SEE A POST THAT ATTEMPTS TO START AND ARGUMENT, REPORT IT TO THE MODERATOR.

Only if we come together can we make this a better forum.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:59:12 AM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »
+1

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »
Good morning!

No you are so wrong,  we in Florida are probably the most happy go lucky bunch of folks that you will ever meet.

Well maybe not you.

All we stated as other have on this forum is that it was a decent transaction for both parties.

That the market is tanked due to the current situations covid 19, civil unrest, stock market, etc. But in the end we mentioned that it should bounce back

Well got to go, boats running, to the water and beyond.

P.S. follow our daily inspirational quotes at FL SAAC and have a great day, adios!

We think it really did well, here are some values from early this year. With everything that's going on we truly think these early values have tanked possibly 20-30%. But remember all that goes down will eventually go up...

with the modifications on it i don't think it so low in curent market ..?

It appears that the SAAC forum is filled with lots of very unhappy passive aggressive trolls - The guy got a good deal on that Hertz car - No wonder lots of people hate this forum now - it's all Debbie Downer all the time here.

Not sure if your comment was directed at me, but I am one of the happiest people on the planet! We are fleeing New York, which makes me happy! All my cars are in good order, which makes me happy! For us the stock market is doing well, thank you EJ! It looks like I will not be called back to work, but I was only working for fun anyway, that makes me lucky and happy! I drove my under 100K GT350 yesterday, which makes me happy...And yes I am very happy that cars are coming down in price! The only thing that is "sad" is people are "sheep" that bugs me....LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
Good morning!

No you are so wrong,  we in Florida are probably the most happy go lucky bunch of folks that you will ever meet.

Well maybe not you.

All we stated as other have on this forum is that it was a decent transaction for both parties.

That the market is tanked due to the current situations covid 19, civil unrest, stock market, etc. But in the end we mentioned that it should bounce back

Well got to go, boats running, to the water and beyond.

P.S. follow our daily inspirational quotes at FL SAAC and have a great day, adios!

We think it really did well, here are some values from early this year. With everything that's going on we truly think these early values have tanked possibly 20-30%. But remember all that goes down will eventually go up...

with the modifications on it i don't think it so low in curent market ..?

It appears that the SAAC forum is filled with lots of very unhappy passive aggressive trolls - The guy got a good deal on that Hertz car - No wonder lots of people hate this forum now - it's all Debbie Downer all the time here.

Not sure if your comment was directed at me, but I am one of the happiest people on the planet! We are fleeing New York, which makes me happy! All my cars are in good order, which makes me happy! For us the stock market is doing well, thank you EJ! It looks like I will not be called back to work, but I was only working for fun anyway, that makes me lucky and happy! I drove my under 100K GT350 yesterday, which makes me happy...And yes I am very happy that cars are coming down in price! The only thing that is "sad" is people are "sheep" that bugs me....LOL

I like happy people.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
Hey! My wife's name is Debbie, and she is no downer!!! LOL
I am happy for the new owner, him and another person bid what they were willing to pay.....
Just think if ebay had no reserve and people had to start every auction out at 1.00 opening bid....Just think how much better may would be if it were not a "Buy it now" show of RE-LISTVILLE....
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
Hey! My wife's name is Debbie, and she is no downer!!! LOL
I am happy for the new owner, him and another person bid what they were willing to pay.....
Just think if ebay had no reserve and people had to start every auction out at 1.00 opening bid....Just think how much better may would be if it were not a "Buy it now" show of RE-LISTVILLE....

;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2020, 09:27:54 PM »
I think the buyer got a real good deal at $116,000, including commissions, and I think the seller got a real good deal cause he walked away with $111,000 less the small listing fee.

If this car was at BJ, Mecum or one of the other big auction houses and it hammered for $111,000 the buyer would be in for over $120k and the seller would get around $100k.  Only the auction house would have come out smelling like a rose.

The BAT sale of this car was a win for both buyer and seller.

Having said all that, I have been "enlightened" by several SAAC members that this BAT sale is conditional on all parties holding up their end of the deal.  Otherwise it is just a load of sh!t. :o

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 07:45:44 AM »
I love deals and I hope there are many more! Apparently only two people were willing to go that high, and that seemed to disappoint some people? A Shelby is a Shelby with or without the motor or a transmission. It is nice to see things selling and moving. My hope is not for them to be a SAAC member but to enjoy and have fun with the car. Its a hobby.
RARE  Signature Delete