News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

My first C8 sighting at Annapolis C&C Yesterday

Started by Corey Bowcutt, June 08, 2020, 08:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

Being such an amazing day yesterday brought out all the car guys to yesterday's Cars & Coffee in Annapolis.  It seems people are really tired of being cooped up at home.  There was barely a masked to be found in the crowed. 

Anyway, I parked next to and I saw in person for the first time a C8 Corvette.  It was actually pretty awesome! The owner was a pretty young guy ( maybe upper 30s) that has a business custom modifying and painting cars so he immediately disassembled the car and painted it this Lime Green color that he said was a stock Camaro color.  I thought it looked extremely cool in this color. I did not know what it was when I first parked, I thought it was a Lamborghini.  The owner had removed all the badging when he repainted it.

There is a gentleman who runs the Facebook page for the Annapolis C&C who took a real shine to the car.  He offered the owner a Testerossa plus cash in trade.

Corey

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Didn't know C&C was back on
Still haven't been out since Feb, still a little skeptical
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

67 GT350

We were in Knoxville last week and saw a red one out and about....Backend is ugly.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Not to Keen on  that Kermit D Frog green

But the car is kick a$$ and tracked like a train on rails

Amazing that someone wanted to trade for it already

Best value for your buck

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 08, 2020, 08:56:27 AM
Being such an amazing day yesterday brought out all the car guys to yesterday's Cars & Coffee in Annapolis.  It seems people are really tired of being cooped up at home.  There was barely a masked to be found in the crowed. 

Anyway, I parked next to and I saw in person for the first time a C8 Corvette.  It was actually pretty awesome! The owner was a pretty young guy ( maybe upper 30s) that has a business custom modifying and painting cars so he immediately disassembled the car and painted it this Lime Green color that he said was a stock Camaro color.  I thought it looked extremely cool in this color. I did not know what it was when I first parked, I thought it was a Lamborghini.  The owner had removed all the badging when he repainted it.

There is a gentleman who runs the Facebook page for the Annapolis C&C who took a real shine to the car.  He offered the owner a Testerossa plus cash in trade.

Corey
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

^^^That makes Slime Green look downright tepid.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston