News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 Brake shoes and wheel cylinder on early GT500 ?

Started by Eritor, March 12, 2018, 03:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eritor

I am working on my rear brake shoes 10x2.5" that have glazing on it and little-wet wheel cylinder.  Are the original shoes riveted or bonded front and rear? My are riveted and from Bendix. Marks on steel is KH 48118 and one is Aimco Canada FMS169. My drum is FoMoCo KH dated 9-13-66. My car is released  21 December 1966. Wheel cylinders are 7/8" and have marks USA 565 C8 left and IC N 6 or 8 right cylinders. Both with 3/8" bleeder.  Is that correct as original or should it be 13/16" with ΒΌ bleeders?
Shelby GT500 #0329 Wimbledon, black interior, C6.
Shelby GT500 -13 Black with black stripes, TP, PP, Recaro, Glass roof.
Mustang GT 5.0 -17 Magnetic metallic, Ebony Black, GT Performance Package,  automatic transmission, Brembo.

J_Speegle

Original style of wheel cylinders would have the small 1/4" bleeders

Yours along with a drum and likely other parts were replaced during an early brake job
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

KR500

The original brake shoes were riveted, front & rear, primary & secondary.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

1967 eight barrel

cbrown

I think  they were  c7zz-2262-a  right and left. 1/4 inch bleeder

chris

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cbrown on March 12, 2018, 06:20:33 PM
I think  they were  c7zz-2262-a  right and left. 1/4 inch bleeder

chris
Chris ,do you know anyone who sells a suitable replacement that uses the smaller factory style 1/4 bleeder?   ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 12, 2018, 09:12:50 PM
Chris ,do you know anyone who sells a suitable replacement that uses the smaller factory style 1/4 bleeder?   ;)

Think Chris just needs to repost in the Parts for sale section since apparently the old post went away with the big flush ::)

At least I didn't see it there any longer
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Eritor

Thanks, all. I have seen it at NPD as exact repro cylinder 13/16"  and 1/4" bleeder. My drum must be the original one or is someone nowadays produce it with dates? Erik
Shelby GT500 #0329 Wimbledon, black interior, C6.
Shelby GT500 -13 Black with black stripes, TP, PP, Recaro, Glass roof.
Mustang GT 5.0 -17 Magnetic metallic, Ebony Black, GT Performance Package,  automatic transmission, Brembo.

1967 eight barrel

Bob Gains turned me onto these. These fit the aftermarket wheel cylinders, yet retains the 1/4 bleeder.
If you have your original wheel cylinders, you can simply rebuild them and purchase new bleeder valves.

1. Valve for replacement wheel cylinders.
https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/screws_brake_bleeder_1_4_inch_conversion-176490-1.html

2. For O/E replacement.
https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/screw_brake_bleeder_1_4_inch-103887-1.html

-Keith

cbrown

OR if you need the entire wheel cylinder with 1/4 bleeder  i have them.

http://www.brownsautobodyservices.com/chassis

chris

roddster

And you can have to wheel cylinder sleeved to the correct size if time has caught up with the surface.  And if you have original cylinders in order to keep the smaller bleeder.

OK, here is the next question: what is the backing plate number for the 10 X 2 1/2" brakes?

1967 eight barrel

Rodster, The Bendix numbers are as follows: 314848L & 314849R

-Keith