Author Topic: Pookie is at it again.  (Read 3783 times)

The Going Thing

• View Profile
Pookie is at it again.
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:43:47 PM »
I was looking at the listings once again. The stars you see on the visor decals are as the reproductions are supplied by NPD. When I bought another set after they peeled from the visor I noted the inked star stamp. Fraudster. More penned in part numbers on packing and as usual, they are included.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-shelby-gt350-mustang-door-sill-inserts-Y-belt-visor-emblems-Dome-insert/333594663051?hash=item4dabca988b:g:wvgAAOSw4B9etrtm

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Pookie is at it again.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
I was looking at the listings once again. The stars you see on the visor decals are as the reproductions are supplied by NPD. When I bought another set after they peeled from the visor I noted the inked star stamp. Fraudster. More penned in part numbers on packing and as usual, they are included.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-shelby-gt350-mustang-door-sill-inserts-Y-belt-visor-emblems-Dome-insert/333594663051?hash=item4dabca988b:g:wvgAAOSw4B9etrtm
Yes, some of the repros have gotton good and I agree those are examples. FYI for those reading whenever applying the stickers to the viser you need to add contact cement to the back side so as to supplyment the adhisive which is typically inadiquete. If no extra help with adhisive is given then finding a curled up sticker on your seat should not be unexpected.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »
How did he get the name "pookie" anyway? It is the most ridiculous name I've heard in a long time.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 02:53:58 PM »
I'm guessing it's his cosplay name when he dresses up as a TeleTubbie.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
How did he get the name "pookie" anyway? It is the most ridiculous name I've heard in a long time.
Of all of the many Ebay names he has used on his many scamy auctions over the years "pookie" is the one most rediculously rememberable.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. To me it is a non word. Just looked it up. Pookie is defined as:  "Pookie is a common euphemism to describe something cute. It is also often used as a pet name or as a term of endearment for one's significant other."

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »
The Thread name is "Pookie is at it again"??

Hell, he's always at it!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:05:38 PM by 69mach351w »

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 03:42:07 PM »
I'm guessing it's his cosplay name when he dresses up as a TeleTubbie.

Gold, absolute gold  ;D
6S373
6S1276

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 05:27:17 PM »
Well, Bob and I certainly remember POOKIE as his handle on Evilbay. I think the name probably came from one of the Porky's movies. He becomes more daring and blatant all the time.  I am never surprised about anything with him except that his fraud hasn't caught up with him.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:18:18 PM by The Going Thing »

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »
He is known in our circles as the PUKESTER... A cute name for your dog when it has a little problem, something similar Im sure. >:(

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 04:02:01 AM »
I thought we want to make a list with ebay names where we know that they sell fake stuff? Maybe start now? Should be a extra thread I think or?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 07:06:24 AM »
I thought we want to make a list with ebay names where we know that they sell fake stuff? Maybe start now? Should be a extra thread I think or?
In my opinion, creating such a list opens the club up to liability through a slander/libel suit by any one of them. These people are unscrupulous and yes, truth is a legal defense to libel and/or slander. But do you want to have to defend a lawsuit in court even though it's frivolous? Just sayin'
As an addendum it would be easier to attack them in threads on an item by item or case by case basis. Putting them on a broad and sweeping list makes the club more vulnerable to a legal attack otherwise. That's it. Govern yourselves accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:09:34 AM by deathsled »

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 10:09:21 AM »
Good advice.

You don't have to be wrong to be sued and it costs a lot either way.

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 04:38:16 AM »
Then there is the question because I sit in germany and write from here, which law counts german/european or US Law  ;D its always the same if you can proove what you say about their fake parts etc. its definetly not a problem. I really have a problem with people selling fake parts to people which dont know better.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 06:33:53 AM »
Years ago I loaned ECS one of my original Shelby sunvisor decals to have made and they are the best. I recently visited ECS shop in st. louis to help them out in printing a new updated corrected catalog and talked them into seting up at ford Carlisle next swap meet since the family wants to improve and keep the business going since Dave Walden (the owner) passed away last july. His wife Cindy is taking over the business and family and old staff are asking for any help to improve the ECS products so call them if u have any ideas to help them or make new decals or make new products since they make more than concours decals  mopar exhaust ford glass etc.