News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

original hood pics

Started by acman63, June 10, 2020, 05:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

does anyone have some pics of an original steel framed hood on the underside they can send me  front rear, sides?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

davez

kingchief

Would love to see the pictures posted here! Thanks.
Steve
SFM 6S406

gt350hr

Jim ,
      Early or late? It appears there were at least two types of "tops" as seen in the scoop opening at the sides.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

InlawsGT350H

We have an original hood on our H. This car is a later H car #6S1626

SFM6S087

InlawsGT350H,

Wow, your first post and you're already helping out. THANKS, & welcome to the forum!

I believe there were several variations of the fiberglass-over-steel hood that were installed on these cars. Could you tell us the Shelby VIN of the car you posted? That might help readers decide if the details in the pictures you posted would be correct for their car.

Thanks again,
Steve

6R07mi

Ok, a little off topic as this is related to just the scoop not the complete hood,
but I just wanted to share.

When I purchased 6S283 in 1977, I found a previous owner must have had a collision that damaged the hood
( I didn't dig deeply back then but don't recall evidence of engine compartment metal being replaced ), but
the hood was a used red mustang hood that they cut out a hole in the center and bonded on the scoop from the original hood
and painted white with the Le Mans stripes!

I later purchased an used all fiberglass hood, black with gold stripes, and that was on it when I sold the car :( !

So now all I have is garage wall art !

It reminds me of what once was .....

regards,
jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

gt350hr

Jim,
      Your picture is important! That is exactly what the "early" hood openings look like. On later cars ( somewhere over 1,000) there was a change to a more rounded opening. This was possibly due to a vendor change.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TLea

Also notice "crush" ribs at top indicating later hood maybe December ish and later