News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Proper assembly line Coil

Started by Greg, June 11, 2020, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I was having a discussion regarding assembly line coils.  Were they stamped Fomoco or Autolite for 65?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on June 11, 2020, 10:53:06 AM
I was having a discussion regarding assembly line coils.  Were they stamped Fomoco or Autolite for 65?
FOMOCO .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

Thanks bob, that is what I thought but he wasn't having it.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on June 11, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
Thanks bob, that is what I thought but he wasn't having it.
Probably a seller justification . FYI the way the coil is typically positioned in the clamp from the engine plant all you can typically only see is the lower edge of stamp. The trademark and date code are most typically obscured. In concours there can be a deduction for a coil that is positioned in the clamp in a uncharacteristic way to show off a nice dated with the correct trademark ink stamp. By the same token a ink stamp placed in a characteristic position on the coil is scrutinized in the same way. The stamps were not typically stamped way high or way low. At least some of the silver stamp even if only a edge is expected to be seen. On 66 and 67's the stamp can be even more obscured given the way the engine identification sticker is placed vertical across the coil and bracket on those years. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby