News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dual pulley on an early 428

Started by pmustang, March 21, 2024, 04:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I have only heard of the C9ZE-A hatchet head sleeve ever being used with the 1UA super Cobra Jet crank shaft . I can't imagine the circumstances why that would be used along with the early 390 balancer. It would be interesting to know . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

pmustang

You got that right

I went from clueless to knowing just enough to be dangerous in all this

Pulling the oil pan would have been informative but I'm already into the car so deep that I didn't want to open another can of worms

Thanks for your assist

I am looking forward to my first proper drive

Any new developments will be reported here.

A large amount of material was removed off that hatchet from all appearances

pmustang

An update for everyone

So the new 68 and later balancer and pulley went on fine.

A few nail biting days and the Borgeson is completely on and fits even with a 428 with headers.

I get the car back in a few days. Excited to try it now that the issue with the TKX install is sorted as well.

Cheers. Peter

pmustang

Well I have now driven the car. Its an ANIMAL! its like pressing fast forward when you hit the throttle. I've had over 250 Mustangs and this one honestly scares me. The Borgeson works great. Thanks for all the replies which helped me move forward. I now have an early 390 balancer to wear on a gold chain like a Mustang Rapper.