Author Topic: The John Atzbach Collection - Online Catalog  (Read 6743 times)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: The John Atzbach Collection - Online Catalog
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
I do have an account. If you’re talking about the links you have posted in reply #7, I clicked both links to see what auction listing lot numbers they were. So I tried both of them, Lot Q170 and Lot Q72 and neither comes up.   
So if you have an auction listing number for those two items in your reply #7, please post them  because I have looked all through the John Atzbach auction listings and haven’t found any Lot numbers for those two items. Neither will come up on the "Mecum On Time"
Thanks for any help.

I am not sure what you are looking at, the links work on my end, but they are both also listed on the "Bid now" page.  I doubt this link will work, you will most likely need to sign in, but here it is.  Both items are up for Proxy bid right now.  I believe actually bidding will start later on when it gets closer to the auction. - https://bidnow.mecum.com/auctions/RM0520#

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »

I underdstand what you have posted, but when you go to the Mecum "On Time" and bring up Atzbach Collection, it is not there.

The page you have posted I have brought up many times, but in order to bid, you have to register under that particular listing BUT, it is not on the "Mecum On Time" Atzbach Collection.  Bring it up, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I think you are confusing the Road Art auctions with the Mecum OnTime auctions. Q72 & Q170 are part of the Road Art auction ONLY.
There are several OnTime auctions that run for several days.
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Die-Cast & Matchbox, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Soda Pop, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Books, Magazines & Literature, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July - 12 Toy Cars, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Japanese Tin Cars, 12:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Racing Programs, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Jewelry & Clothing, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Framed Wall Art, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Signed Prints & Photographs, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Slot & RC Cars, 2:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Large Die-Cast, 3:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Racing Checks & Press Material, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Model Kits, 12:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Racing Literature, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Racing & Showroom Literature, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Lamborghini Promotions, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Lamborghini Toys, 2:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Exoto, GMP, Kyosho, Lane & Exact Detail Die-Cast, 4:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Thursday July 16 - Car Parts, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Thursday July 16 - Gas & Oil Promotions, 4:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Friday July 17 - Shelby Promotional Items, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Friday July 17 - Ford Racing Promotions, 5:00PM ET

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
https://www.mecum.com/auctions/indianapolis-2020/lots/featured/
This page shows the schedule for the Road Art Auctions

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »

I underdstand what you have posted, but when you go to the Mecum "On Time" and bring up Atzbach Collection, it is not there.

The page you have posted I have brought up many times, but in order to bid, you have to register under that particular listing BUT, it is not on the "Mecum On Time" Atzbach Collection.  Bring it up, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I think you are confusing the Road Art auctions with the Mecum OnTime auctions. Q72 & Q170 are part of the Road Art auction ONLY.
There are several OnTime auctions that run for several days.
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Die-Cast & Matchbox, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Soda Pop, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Saturday July 11 - Books, Magazines & Literature, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July - 12 Toy Cars, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Japanese Tin Cars, 12:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Racing Programs, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Sunday July 12 - Jewelry & Clothing, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Framed Wall Art, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Signed Prints & Photographs, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Slot & RC Cars, 2:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Monday July 13 - Large Die-Cast, 3:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Racing Checks & Press Material, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Model Kits, 12:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Tuesday July 14 - Racing Literature, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Racing & Showroom Literature, 11:00AM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Lamborghini Promotions, 1:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Lamborghini Toys, 2:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Wednesday July 15 - Exoto, GMP, Kyosho, Lane & Exact Detail Die-Cast, 4:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Thursday July 16 - Car Parts, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Thursday July 16 - Gas & Oil Promotions, 4:30PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Friday July 17 - Shelby Promotional Items, 3:00PM ET
The John Atzbach Collection, Friday July 17 - Ford Racing Promotions, 5:00PM ET
I went through every one of these already, and even went to the search feature and keyed in Q170 and Q72 and still they didn't come up.

It's ok, I probably wouldn't be able to afford them anyway. They are only 24 pieces. I'd end up being the lowest bidder  :o

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not being clear.
The Lots Q72 & Q170 are NOT part of the OnTime auctions. They are on the LIVE Saturday Road Art Auction.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 01:10:04 PM »
I found them there before, but you can't register to bid. 

I brought up the Q72 Daytona coupe and clicked the Yellow rectangular box to register and it said "404 Page Not Found"

Wonder why they would have a box to click to register and it not work?

I'm assuming problems somewhere in the site?

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 01:44:21 PM »
I found them there before, but you can't register to bid. 

I brought up the Q72 Daytona coupe and clicked the Yellow rectangular box to register and it said "404 Page Not Found"

Wonder why they would have a box to click to register and it not work?

I'm assuming problems somewhere in the site?

Here is the link to bid on the live auction:  https://my.mecum.com/register/indianapolis-2020/

Standard $150. or Gold $500

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »
I'm bidding on an item for $30 but Mecum didn't ask for the standard fee of $200.  Wow, I wasn't aware of a steep $200 fee to bid on a small item.
Looks like when you go to click a bid, they don't ask you for the "standard" fee of $200, which if they have, I would've never bid $30. 

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm bidding on an item for $30 but Mecum didn't ask for the standard fee of $200.  Wow, I wasn't aware of a steep $200 fee to bid on a small item.
Looks like when you go to click a bid, they don't ask you for the "standard" fee of $200, which if they have, I would've never bid $30.

Hi 69mach351w,

The "OnTime" format is free to bid.  However there will be a 20% buyer's fee plus 3% for using the VISA, plus there will be a S&H fee to a third party as well.  The Mecum OnTime bidding is their first try at this.  I expect they will have learned from this experience and will make changes next time.

It is the internet bidding that requires the $200 registration fee, plus there is a 20% deposit required.  Then there is still the buyer's fees.  I think Mecum may have scared a lot of potential bidders away because of this.

Best of luck

Cory
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:18:37 PM by 6s1640 »

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 03:25:38 PM »
Thanks Cory for the information.  I looked on the Mecum site after I noticed the post by A-Snake that had the dollar figure of $150.  And seen the $200 fee and I about fell out of my chair. 

Again Thanks,
Rich 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 04:33:34 PM »
I remember last year's Mecum memorabilia auction and hearing about the huge price their shipping store charged for shipping even on small items . Let alone the 20% buyers fee ,handling fee(not sure how much),and charge card fee. It all ads up. ::)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »
In the letter to John Barnes of all the items Bob Wyatt had for sale, it would've been awesome to know of and see photos of the items he had listed on the letter ;D

https://www.mecum.com/lots/RM0520-429989/1965-shelby-american-company-name-tag/

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 08:57:43 PM »

Hi 69mach351w,

The "OnTime" format is free to bid.  However there will be a 20% buyer's fee plus 3% for using the VISA, plus there will be a S&H fee to a third party as well.  The Mecum OnTime bidding is their first try at this.  I expect they will have learned from this experience and will make changes next time.

It is the internet bidding that requires the $200 registration fee, plus there is a 20% deposit required.  Then there is still the buyer's fees.  I think Mecum may have scared a lot of potential bidders away because of this.

Best of luck

Cory
There was probably a dozen items I would have bid on but when you throw a 20% buyers fee + 3% for a credit card + a S&H fee to Canada, I've pretty much lost interest in bidding on anything.  A winning bid on a $200 piece is gonna probably cost me over $300 US dollars (or over $400 Canadian dollars) once all is said and done to get it to me up North.  I like this stuff but I'm sitting out this auction.

If anyone has an original 68 Shelby manualthey want to part with, please let me know.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »
Hey Doug, I sold you a 68 manual last June ???