News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1975 Ford Master Parts Catalogue

Started by dooley, June 15, 2020, 07:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dooley

Good day folks. Once again I come seeking the collective wisdom of the group.

I have a good set of shop manuals, a good set of assembley manuals (reprints), an expanded view manual, Shelby specific suplemental manuals and an old 1973 Motors manual which has some surprising info in it. Still not enough.

Assembly and expanded view manuals all show the parts right down to the tiny detail.  However, none of them have a usuable part number. For example, the expanded view manual shows a head bolt as #6065. How do I translate that number into useful information like a description (ie 3" x 5/16" or whatever ) and a real part number.

Is all of that sort of information within the 1975 Ford Master Parts Catalogue?

If so, is there a prefered format or producer? I found a CD version at Hi Pro Parts Garage (link below) does any one know if this is a decent version.

Thanks for your help

J_Speegle

The Master Parts Catalog is basically two sections. One with illustrations and one with the information (text) Take the basic part number find it in the text section. Cross reference by year and application (F=Mustang) and you will find the part number of the part Ford carried when the Master Parts Catalog (MPC) was printed. 

Does not always list the part that was used on your car when built. But if there is a part listed it was what they carried at the time that would work

I've got and use from time to time both electronic and printed versions of the 72 version while I try and use better, year of production (year of publication is the same as car I'm looking up) versions when available. 

Illustrations are somewhat generic like what is used in the Shop manuals Mustang Assembly Manuals will be allot of help just be aware that not everything printed in those is exactly like what was produced on the line for all cars that year or maybe at all. But these differences are few
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

If you are specifically looking for bolts and hardware....AMK sells a catalog and a guide to these items. It lists specific sizes and types of hardware

OldGuy

Quote from: dooley on June 15, 2020, 07:14:25 PM

Sorry forgot the link to the product

https://www.hipoparts.com/1965-72-ford-car-parts-master-parts-catalog-cd/

/Dooley

I have a digital copy of an earlier version of the MPC ('60-'68) from another source. It has been extremely helpful and is loaded with the kind of information that you (and everyone who is trying to work on and/or restore their car) need. My two disc "set" is not the best as far as scanned entry is concerned but it is totally workable and has supplied me with all of the information that I have needed. I really have no complaints.

You will get a ton of information for $21.95 or what ever you decide to spent. In other words, I would recommend the purchase.

I hope this helps.

Frank

dooley

The parts catalogue has arrived. It is exactly as described, being a Manuals/book in two parts. Lots of good information in it and it will be very useful. I'm glad I got it.

Now the down side. While I wasn't expecting a fully hyperlinked text or a lot of fancy gizmos ... It sure would have been nice to have it searchable <sigh>  It would sure cut down on the time it takes me to find stuff. But I am getting better and quicker as I do more with it.

Oh well, giant PDFs of JPGs it is. Good thing I have a big monitor.

Once again I am indebted to the folk in the forum, thanks for your help.

Dooley