News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Concours rule change

Started by acman63, March 13, 2018, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikelj5S230

Fascinating discussion here.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I don't think I could ever own one, but I love unrestored and concours cars. As some people like to modify their car to go faster, have a slicker paint job, handle better, be a custom, or make it exactly as it was when it rolled out of LAX, Venice or A.O.Smith. That's the real beauty of owning these kinds of cars, you can do what makes you happy. I've had people tell me how I should turn my car into a concours vehicle, I've had other tell me what to change to make it "better", I've more tell me,"nice car"
Whatever you want the members of SAAC can help achieve your dream of what your cat should be.
We have such a depth of knowledge that I sometimes wonder "have we uncovered everything" but then somebody uncovers another box of letters, engineering drawings, photos or whatever then can find to add to the knowledge base.
Since the beginning the idea behind SAAC was promote and protect these cars and what they are.
My car is mostly stock, driven a lot and enjoyed. So if you want concours, we have those who can help you achieve that, if you want Day Two Car, we can help you achieve that, if you want a fat tired, flared fendered, 6 speed, lowered to the ground with a 5.4 modular motor we can even help find that.
Meanwhile I will enjoy the forums, learn about my car, make it a little more "stock" every year and I hope others appreciate what advice and services SAAC and its members provide
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

JD

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on November 06, 2018, 02:20:40 PM
I don’t think I could ever own one, but I love unrestored and concours cars. As some people like to modify their car to go faster, have a slicker paint job, handle better, be a custom, or make it exactly as it was when it rolled out of LAX, Venice or A.O.Smith. That’s the real beauty of owning these kinds of cars, you can do what makes you happy. I’ve had people tell me how I should turn my car into a concours vehicle, I’ve had other tell me what to change to make it “better”, I’ve more tell me,”nice car”

Whatever you want the members of SAAC can help achieve your dream of what your cat should be.

We have such a depth of knowledge that I sometimes wonder “have we uncovered everything” but then somebody uncovers another box of letters, engineering drawings, photos or whatever then can find to add to the knowledge base.

Since the beginning the idea behind SAAC was promote and protect these cars and what they are.

My car is mostly stock, driven a lot and enjoyed. So if you want concours, we have those who can help you achieve that, if you want Day Two Car, we can help you achieve that, if you want a fat tired, flared fendered, 6 speed, lowered to the ground with a 5.4 modular motor we can even help find that.

Meanwhile I will enjoy the forums, learn about my car, make it a little more “stock” every year and I hope others appreciate what advice and services SAAC and its members provide

^^^ +1

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0