News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

#2995 - Ebay

Started by rmarble57, June 16, 2020, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarble57

Just a curiosity question please.   '67 #2995 is on ebay right now, obviously listed by a dealer.  The listing indicates that the car has all of its' original paint, but it appears that the lower rocker pinch welds are not blacked out.  Was this a running change on later cars?  Also, the listing indicates 8,900 original miles and the entire undercarriage is blacked out. 
Thoughts?

Ebay Listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Shelby-GT500-Fastback-STUNNING-See-VIDEO/164243726271?hash=item263db05fbf:g:OFUAAOSwTEteG5bB

Coralsnake

The seller is misinformed. Im always interested to know who the concours judges are?

You have pointed out two inaccuracies. Cars were not black underneath, blackout was for all cars, and the factory did not paint fender bolts body color.

The side stripes are not correct...definetly had some paint work. Splatter paint in trunk?

Oh well two more "concours"  judges eat crow. 🤫 just think what a knowledgeable  67 guy will say...

rmarble57

Yup, non '67 style side stripes.   I'm really not trying to knock the car as it has obviously gone through some collectors hands, but I'm always amused when "dealers" that don't specialize in Shelby cars extoll the virtues of their offerings.

Vern.......not a knock on you my friend.   You are a Jedi.

Coralsnake

Understood, it looks like a nice car. Certainly not trying to tear the car apart with a few photos.

Unfortunately, the seller is either misinformed or trying to hype the car.

I see a lot of other changes, but that's not the point. The purpose was to validate your observations

Our experts are always better 😐

I personally observed this car after it's 1988 "restoration" at Gordon Apkers estate.

Coralsnake

Do you believe it was repainted?

Shelby_r_b

This car has shown up on eBay a few times previously.
Nothing beats a classic!

67 GT350

I'll just say look at the tag picture, and see where one corner was taped off and shows some black on the fender. Stop there....
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 16, 2020, 08:03:06 PM
Do you believe it was repainted?

Absolutely. The tech working on it said so at the time.

I am not passing judgement on the asking price.

Don Johnston

Is that a repo fan sticker?  ::)

TJinSA

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but out of curiosity I asked who performed the highly touted judging... The Concours Judges were drawn from a local Rotary Club event apparently. I have never heard of the Forest Grove event before, but the organizers claim it is the largest, oldest prestigious event in the Pacific Northwest.  Is anyone familiar with the lead by Senior Judge Gerald Greenfield?  It must be exceedingly difficult to get in; the entry fee is only a suggestion and only $25...--

Judging sheets from Forest Grove Concours are not shared with entrants or winners. www.ForestGroveConcours.org

Buy it cheap, drive it unafraid of wiping away a 9,000 +- 100,000 mile example, and enjoy the pee waddling poo out of it!
Tom Kubler
6S296

BGlover67

Wasn't it the excepted norm to just paint everything underneath the car flat black back in the '80s?  I've seen so many like that I've come to the conclusion it was normal.  No-one seemed to care much about what was under the car just that the paint was super shiny and the engine bay was clean.  I can't really find fault with it, it was just the evolution of the hobby.  I figured that's why folks like Ed Meyer, Bob Gaines and Bob Perkins were such innovators.  Bob P made such a splash with his undercarriage detail of Boss 302 and 429's.  It was something most folks just didn't think to do. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPR8S15lBU
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 21, 2020, 01:31:22 PM
Wasn't it the excepted norm to just paint everything underneath the car flat black back in the '80s?  I've seen so many like that I've come to the conclusion it was normal.  No-one seemed to care much about what was under the car just that the paint was super shiny and the engine bay was clean.  I can't really find fault with it, it was just the evolution of the hobby.  I figured that's why folks like Ed Meyer, Bob Gaines and Bob Perkins were such innovators.  Bob P made such a splash with his undercarriage detail of Boss 302 and 429's.  It was something most folks just didn't think to do. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPR8S15lBU
We did that back in the 70's because it didn't show dirt as much.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TJinSA on June 21, 2020, 05:02:02 AM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but out of curiosity I asked who performed the highly touted judging... The Concours Judges were drawn from a local Rotary Club event apparently. I have never heard of the Forest Grove event before, but the organizers claim it is the largest, oldest prestigious event in the Pacific Northwest.  Is anyone familiar with the lead by Senior Judge Gerald Greenfield?  It must be exceedingly difficult to get in; the entry fee is only a suggestion and only $25...--

Judging sheets from Forest Grove Concours are not shared with entrants or winners. www.ForestGroveConcours.org

Buy it cheap, drive it unafraid of wiping away a 9,000 +- 100,000 mile example, and enjoy the pee waddling poo out of it!
They should be drummed out of the corp or at the very least have Pete go over and beatem up. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby