News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 carb question

Started by jerry merrill, June 19, 2020, 11:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

Just let everyone know that Drew done a superb job on my Holley 2V. The Mustang runs GREAT👍🏻

Thanks Drew😎

427heaven

There is only so much uumph that a 350 cfm 2v can offer. A 600 cfm 4v will be a welcome addition to your ride. Drew does great work, most can attest to that.

69mach351w

This is a cruising Mustang. 2V is all I need. Would be no use for me to have 4 barrels cause I barely open the 2 barrels😆

This is the way my (late) Dad in Law wanted it and that's the way I'll keep it👍🏻

I drive it in his honor🇺🇸

Royce Peterson

+1 there are several and some are still available from Holley. Others are not so easy to find.

Quote from: Drew Pojedinec on June 20, 2020, 12:10:06 PM
On early factory carbs there are 3 different choke flaps, 4 different rods, all shafts are dimensionally the same, but there are many distinguishing features.

I often show these comparisons on my AirFuelSpark page.
If you ever want pictures of all the differences of something, just ask and I'll collect the images.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

shelbydoug

IF you are restoring a valuable carb accurately, then that is important. Functionally they are larely the same.

The early carbs use slotted head screw on the chokes, after some point, they are Phillips heads.

"Different but the same".

I think the choke flats are strait early then switch to bent shape around 1970 or so.

I think there are some choke rods with straight arms, then switch to a dog leg shape.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 21, 2020, 12:56:46 PM
IF you are restoring a valuable carb accurately, then that is important. Functionally they are larely the same.

The early carbs use slotted head screw on the chokes, after some point, they are Phillips heads.

"Different but the same".

I think the choke flats are strait early then switch to bent shape around 1970 or so.

I think there are some choke rods with straight arms, then switch to a dog leg shape.
No,"same thing only different" ;D ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Drew Pojedinec

Um yes it is hot. Boat is running loads in the gulf.
My engineroom is 122 degrees at the moment.
Day 4 of 42.

Pictures below which detail some of the stuff

The second photo is a 1963 dated list 2919 with bent flap and cutout.

Drew Pojedinec

Bent choke plate. Bent plate with cutout, flat plate.

Choke rods:
Nearly straight, very bent, and one that needs cotter pins to retain

This is just Ford stuff, there are more variations with chevy stuff. More still when you get out of the 60's. Blah blah blah

Drew Pojedinec

Other fun photo
67 dated 3259-1 with later over the counter 3259-1

I did a highly detailed comparison on my afs page last month.

Bob Gaines

Dang, thanks for the info.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Drew Pojedinec

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 21, 2020, 03:13:15 PM
Dang, thanks for the info.

Catch me at home sometime and I can show better pics. This is just what is on my phone.
Most photos are on my laptop, at the shop I have a ton of the carbs around, seems a good idea to detail everything as they come in. Currently have 500 or so files on factory carbs. Trying to triple/quadruple verify them all.

csheff

Drew did these carbs for me and car runs great, feel so much more power, no hesitation at take off now.

The Going Thing

Drew does excellent work. He doesn't just slop a kit in them. He caught several manufacturing  issues and corrected the two different sized holes. The dual quads run night and day difference.  I would highly recommend Drew to anyone.

greekz

Quote from: The Going Thing on June 27, 2020, 03:35:44 AM
Drew does excellent work. He doesn't just slop a kit in them. He caught several manufacturing  issues and corrected the two different sized holes. The dual quads run night and day difference.  I would highly recommend Drew to anyone.

Just received my 715 Tuesday.  The car had always run rich, Drew figured out the problem and now it runs better than it ever did.
I am very happy with the rebuild.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339