Author Topic: Tilt away column repair  (Read 3912 times)

Dan353

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Tilt away column repair
« on: June 21, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
Does anyone have a source that repairs or sells the parts for vacuum assembly that is installed under the dash for tilt away steering column on a 69 GT350.

Thanks.  Dan

Re: Tilt away column repair
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 06:46:08 AM »
Tony Augustine <6t8cougarguy@gmail.com> .  he did my column and has sources for parts

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:32:54 PM »
I have some 69 (black canister) and 68 (white cansister) vacuum /relay assemblies on the shelf if you hit a dead end. PM me if interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 10:41:42 AM »
What is the correct door pin switch that activates the relay look like and part number?  Is it another white plastic style with Autolite or have the metal face/mount tabs? If it’s the metal style, what is the finish, phospahte or silver cad?  Also if it’s the metal style, does it have a round plunger or more flat face plunger?

Krelboyne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 10:56:05 AM »
C6OZ-13713-? is the number for the door jamb switch 1967-69. Black button and the metal surround.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 11:02:26 AM »
What is the correct door pin switch that activates the relay look like and part number?  Is it another white plastic style with Autolite or have the metal face/mount tabs? If it’s the metal style, what is the finish, phospahte or silver cad?  Also if it’s the metal style, does it have a round plunger or more flat face plunger?
Looks like this example I grabbed from ebay just now. The finish when new is typically brighter then the oxidized finish on the example. Plunger has rounded tip.There are no mfg markings that can be seen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
Looks like this example I grabbed from ebay just now. The finish when new is typically brighter then the oxidized finish on the example. Plunger has rounded tip.There are no mfg markings that can be seen.
That switch is the C7ZZ-13713-A, I confirmed it with him this morning and would work in place of the C6OZ-13713-A.  They look the same, function the same, the C7 has a slightly larger hole 29/32 vs. 7/8 for the C6.   That’s why I was asking about this. Some of the C6’s have the round plunger, some don’t.  They both have the large female bullet connections as well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:22:07 AM by 430dragpack »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 11:29:39 AM »
That switch is the C7ZZ-13713-A, I confirmed it with him this morning and would work in place of the C6OZ-13713-A.  They look the same, function the same, the C7 has a slightly larger hole 29/32 vs. 7/8 for the C6.   That’s why I was asking about this. Some of the C6’s have the round plunger, some don’t.  They both have the large female bullet connections as well.
I have not ever seen a original tilt switch that did not have the round plunger end.

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 01:34:03 PM »
West Coast Cougar has a lot of this stuff.  Nice folks to deal with.

John

Krelboyne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 04:05:48 PM »
Those are two different switches that get confused. The C7ZZ-13713-A switch has a longer plunger or button. This switch is mounted to the side of the tilt column on a 1967, not in the door jamb. Also has the squared edges on the metal ring.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »
Has anyone else seen the switch with the squared edges and longer plunger on 68'and 69's?

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »
West Coast Cougar has a lot of this stuff.  Nice folks to deal with.

John

These are great folks to work with.  Four years ago I bought a complete under dash tilt steering module from them that works perfectly in my car.  I was talking with WCCC a few weeks ago and the guy they had there that serviced these is no longer with them.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »
Black, round head, metal bezel

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »
Black, round head, metal bezel
What about length and if cut squared edges vs round?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 05:41:01 PM »
Two straight edges across from each other on sides of bezel