News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Happy Father's Day to my Dad

Started by capecodmustang.com, June 21, 2020, 11:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capecodmustang.com

My Dad's been gone for 26 years and i miss him terribly..

You know...
The older I get the more I realize he was a bit smarter than I ever gave him credit for...!

Just my .02 of a memory

Doug C

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on June 21, 2020, 11:11:02 AM
My Dad's been gone for 26 years and i miss him terribly..

You know...
The older I get the more I realize he was a bit smarter than I ever gave him credit for...!

Just my .02 of a memory

Brett, I share your feelings and thanks for posting.

Rocket

My dad has been gone for 18 years, and I share your sentiments. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

JMobley

First Fathers day without my dad! He passed in Sept and I think of him every day.  So, I understand completely

QuickSilverShelby

My dad has been gone 5 years.  It's still hard. 

Happy father's day dad.  Love ya.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

69mach351w

Actually my real Father was never in my life and my step father was very abusive to my Mom and us.

So, I miss my Dad-in-law very much. I met his daughter as a dating friend when I was 17 years old in 1979, we married 3 years later. She was 18 and I was 20.  He and I done a lot together and he took me under his wing when I was a very young man. 

We lost him in 2011 at 81 yrs old and I miss him everyday.

Thanks for starting this thread Brett, I bet they're more stories out there ;)

SHELB66

I lost my dad in 2004 which was around the time I acquired my '66 Hertz.  Fortunately I was able to take him on a ride before he passed.  He fought so hard for so many years after surviving a brain aneurysm in the early 80's.  I can can still hear my wife telling him post-op that he had to come through this so that he could see his first grandchild.  He did and actually lived for about 20 years after that.  My dad actually taught me practically everything I know about cars.  The most important thing was to be patient.  If something wasn't going quite right just walk away from it (if possible) and come back later.  Your perspective and approach will have most likely changed which will result in successful completion of the task at hand.  I can still hear him say "success smiles upon us" after we finally finished that 3spd to 4spd swap in my '67 Mustang.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

FL SAAC

Parents, a void that is extremely hard to fill
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert