News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 front wheel bearings

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, June 22, 2020, 12:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Does anyone know the correct replacement wheel bearing part number for the stock 2 piece rotors with stock spindles?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on June 22, 2020, 12:56:17 PM
Does anyone know the correct replacement wheel bearing part number for the stock 2 piece rotors with stock spindles?
Stock spindles could be two different versions depending on mfg date at Ford.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

As an FYI, the bearing in place was marked Bower M12649, in case anyone else may inquire. And as a footnote, this was a June 13, build date car and has the stock 2 piece rotors in place

shlb69

cj750

My June 6 built '69 has the big suspension. It's a safe bet shlb69's June 13 car does.
Every post I make comes with an implied request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cj750 on June 23, 2020, 01:32:51 AM
My June 6 built '69 has the big suspension. It's a safe bet shlb69's June 13 car does.
Safe bet that it should have the big suspension . ;)  However many of the Shelby/B2 spindles were changed out to the small suspension spindles or to 70 regular Mustang spindles by past owners and repair shops because they could not find the proper special rotor to fit the special spindle . FYI all Mustang rotors were 2 piece style back in the day so that is not a distinguishing factor that it is the proper one it should have just that it is a vintage style . The easiest way to tell if you have the correct spindle the car should have is to look at the engineering number located on the end of the middle upright spindle that the upper ball joint connects to.   D0ZA-B or a KKX prefix (factory converted B9 spindle) .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on June 23, 2020, 04:18:50 PM
My spindle is a D0ZA-3108
Just want to confirm you are talking about the spindle and NOT the rotor at this point.  What is the suffix for the engineering number? what you provided is not complete . Is there a  A,B ,C  etc. at the end . That suffix helps determine the application.

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

It looks like 1B.  not sure on the 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on June 23, 2020, 04:31:53 PM
It looks like 1B.  not sure on the 1
Good. The "B" indicates you have the correct for later 69 Boss302/Shelby spindle.

J_Speegle

Thought this might be the place to drop in a picture of both versions to help others searching/viewing the topic in the future

As you can see with the "DO" version the "B" is way down on the bottom of the casting identification group

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge