News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Plaza Glaz decal

Started by The Going Thing, June 28, 2020, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Going Thing

I remembered someone making a new batch up. I had a rebuilt factory fan clutch throw a few blades and crack the paint on the hood. I'll need a replacement after it's repainted. Are there any available?

shelbydoug

My notes say I got mine from forum member, Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC. PM him.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

If he has any left, get extras. They're nice enough to frame and display.

When you put one on your hood, heed Prof. Gaines recommendation of using additional adhesive.

The heat of the engine gets to the original adhesive and they will just fall off otherwise.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

I bought them originally from AMK many moons ago. Truth be known I had them long enough to have to use something else to attach them with.

I used these guys in Florida to restore the factory fan clutch. The cooling blades are like a fragmentation grenade when they come loose.
Fortunately it only made three starred cracks in paint from underneath but sadly the factory fan clutch is no longer serviceable.

Bob Gaines

So as to not use the stickers indiscriminately ,keep in mind that Plaza Fiberglass was not the mfg for the steel inner structure hood. The steel innerstructure hood and trunklid were manufactured by BorgWarner. Those typically had the mfg business card that was placed into the resin for identification  . It was typically covered over however.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on June 29, 2020, 01:15:23 AM
I bought them originally from AMK many moons ago. Truth be known I had them long enough to have to use something else to attach them with.

I used these guys in Florida to restore the factory fan clutch. The cooling blades are like a fragmentation grenade when they come loose.
Fortunately it only made three starred cracks in paint from underneath but sadly the factory fan clutch is no longer serviceable.

I never heard that of the Ford fans, just the Flexilites.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!