News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

S Code Apron and Door Data Plate for Sale

Started by rbarkley, June 29, 2020, 11:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

Not mine of course.  Too bad the owner did not keep the car.  Special paint, loaded with options.
My guess would be a silver color with the "red paint stripe" option.
Ron

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang/124238555726?hash=item1ced31ea4e:g:9HAAAOSwhYhe97vY

The Going Thing

I am sure another "air car" will materialize around the vin.  The current bid is 4,995.00.  I'm sure it's not going to be used for a conversation piece.

GT350Lad

I can see a car assembling around it as we speak. It's fully resorted and coming to an auction house near you. Pretty blatant
Scary...
6S373
6S1276

Greg

This isn't mine but I have seen basket case cars that during the restoration process, the only original pieces left were the roof and the Vin's on the aprons but they are accepted as "restored". 

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

acman63

against the law to sell a serial number here.  I reported the post
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

KR Convertible

The scary part is that 8 people bid it up to $5k.   >:(

rbarkley

Now that we are rewriting our history,  let me attempt to write the history on this car...

1) Seller is turned in and has remorse for his actions (purely fiction at this point!)
2) Buyer owns a rusted out six cylinder fastback, millermatic welder and enough skill to weld the pieces back together.   Voila!, Rare and highly optioned S code fastback on the block for 85k.
3) New owner constantly trying to figure out why his prized 67 has mismatched numbers, rattles abound, and history that ended 20 years ago.

Ron

The Going Thing

I was looking at an S code car a friend wanted to purchase. There are plenty of cars out there that have had the aprons changed out and the vin welded back into the replacement apron. However, the car I was looking at  had the small block pinon snubber stop on the floor, not the 9" big block style.
So I pulled the back seat. No floor pan reinforcement for the dual exhaust hangers.  It was a C code car that was converted to an S code.

The Going Thing

I saw that. In a few years it will likely reemerge as a complete restored vehicle.

67 GT350

Quote from: acman63 on June 30, 2020, 10:14:58 AM
against the law to sell a serial number here.  I reported the post

LOL, I did the same thing, reported it, fleebay don't care, its money!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

Bill

Quote from: rbarkley on July 06, 2020, 08:05:13 PM
Sold for $7,345.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang/124238555726?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

For the record: 7F02S149965
You are bidding on the front apron, 2 doors, front and rear bumpers from a 1967 Mustang S code GT Fastback that I had over 20 years ago.  The serial number from the apron, door plate and the Marti Report all match a clean title in my name (see pics).  I was hoping and looking for a donor body to use, but lost interest and its time to move on.
Both GT Deluxe doors are in great shape and have the Carlite tinted glass.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Don Johnston

Another air car will be among us.  It could be worse if it were a Shelby American zombie product sneaking around. 8)