News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tags anyone?

Started by Coralsnake, July 01, 2020, 09:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

aj

I need a tag.  Is "the guy's" tag a reasonable representation?  I've been watching that ebay listing but I'm not familiar with "the guy".  Do tell. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: aj on July 01, 2020, 11:32:38 PM
I need a tag.  Is "the guy's" tag a reasonable representation?  I've been watching that ebay listing but I'm not familiar with "the guy".  Do tell.
They look the same when I compare my original to the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

These look new, not re-manufactured.  Think he would do a HiPo C4 tag for 1966 GT350 with automatic?

Cory

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6s1640 on July 02, 2020, 12:56:22 AM
.................. Think he would do a HiPo C4 tag for 1966 GT350 with automatic?

Sure he could set the machine up, do a three dozen or so and be able to get rid of them without to much problem. He would likely do them with random numbers - would be nice to be able to specify the number you wanted

Just a couple of thoughts
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

The tags are really good. It's unlikely that a real one with the same number will  show up in a confrontation.

I hear the $100 bills aren't as nice. I don't care about that other then the Secret Service getting involved and seizing the equipment.  ::)

Guys like this usually get themselves in trouble with something totally non-related.

The only thing here is there probably are several others waiting in the wings already practicing with their own stamping machines.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Royce Peterson

I compared that one to photos of a couple original ones. I can tell the difference but he obviously tried very hard to get close to correct.

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 02, 2020, 07:06:43 AM

The tags are really good. It's unlikely that a real one with the same number will  show up in a confrontation.

I hear the $100 bills aren't as nice. I don't care about that other then the Secret Service getting involved and seizing the equipment.  ::)

Guys like this usually get themselves in trouble with something totally non-related.

The only thing here is there probably are several others waiting in the wings already practicing with their own stamping machines.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Bob Gaines on July 01, 2020, 10:33:28 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on July 01, 2020, 09:14:06 AM
It's "the guy".  ;)
That actually is. ;)

Do you suppose he will be making tags for 939?  ROTFLMAO..
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold