Author Topic: Tags anyone?  (Read 2426 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tags anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »
It's "the guy".  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
It's "the guy".  ;)
That actually is. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

aj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
I need a tag.  Is “the guy’s” tag a reasonable representation?  I’ve been watching that ebay listing but I’m not familiar with “the guy”.  Do tell. 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:42:02 PM »
I need a tag.  Is “the guy’s” tag a reasonable representation?  I’ve been watching that ebay listing but I’m not familiar with “the guy”.  Do tell.
They look the same when I compare my original to the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 12:56:22 AM »
These look new, not re-manufactured.  Think he would do a HiPo C4 tag for 1966 GT350 with automatic?

Cory
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:13:19 AM by 6s1640 »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 04:30:26 AM »
.................. Think he would do a HiPo C4 tag for 1966 GT350 with automatic?

Sure he could set the machine up, do a three dozen or so and be able to get rid of them without to much problem. He would likely do them with random numbers - would be nice to be able to specify the number you wanted

Just a couple of thoughts
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:43 AM »

The tags are really good. It's unlikely that a real one with the same number will  show up in a confrontation.

I hear the $100 bills aren't as nice. I don't care about that other then the Secret Service getting involved and seizing the equipment.  ::)

Guys like this usually get themselves in trouble with something totally non-related.

The only thing here is there probably are several others waiting in the wings already practicing with their own stamping machines.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
I compared that one to photos of a couple original ones. I can tell the difference but he obviously tried very hard to get close to correct.

The tags are really good. It's unlikely that a real one with the same number will  show up in a confrontation.

I hear the $100 bills aren't as nice. I don't care about that other then the Secret Service getting involved and seizing the equipment.  ::)

Guys like this usually get themselves in trouble with something totally non-related.

The only thing here is there probably are several others waiting in the wings already practicing with their own stamping machines.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
It's "the guy".  ;)
That actually is. ;)

Do you suppose he will be making tags for 939?  ROTFLMAO..
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold