Author Topic: 67 GT500 featured in NY Times article  (Read 1130 times)

T-Bone68

• View Profile
67 GT500 featured in NY Times article
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
Nice Nightmist Blue 67 GT500 featured in a NY Times article about the joys of driving an old car.  Lists the owner as Phil Bell of New Hampshire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/business/driving-older-cars.html?searchResultPosition=1

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: 67 GT500 featured in NY Times article
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
If you cannot get the "Goodyear" small letter RADIAL tires, the Firestones are a great choice! Wake up Lucas, Cooker, etc.....make the radial in Goodyear with the small letters!

ER70-15 and FR60-15
RARE  Signature Delete

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
I don't read the Times but read this article.  Where we get together to meet with our cars on Friday nights we have a lot of people come by. It's a heavy tourist area.  Many visitors who fly into DFW come to the old town atmosphere for local cuisine and craft beers and  local wines.

I get a lot of questions about my car. The disconnect seems to be most are used modern cars that are so much more forgiving. Anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, proportional steering, all wheel drive, etc. 
The Shelby is a different monster all together. Very unforgiving, and will bite you if you make any mistake under power. Traction lok will bring the ass-end of the car around on you very quick. 
They require an entirely different skill set to operate safely. This to go along with watching for all the other idiot aloof drivers who should have their cell phone stuffed in their posterior.
I try not to be on edge, but I am one of the most defensive drivers out there. I grew up driving in So Ca.  I used to take my Harley out and drive the coast line from Long Beach Traffic Circle to Newport Beach.  Driving in areas where many of the Vietnamese had resettled was absolutely scary coming up from PCH if I decided to return home on the 405 instead of down Pacific Coast Highway.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »
Well stated we concur and great article

I don't read the Times but read this article.  Where we get together to meet with our cars on Friday nights we have a lot of people come by. It's a heavy tourist area.  Many visitors who fly into DFW come to the old town atmosphere for local cuisine and craft beers and  local wines.

I get a lot of questions about my car. The disconnect seems to be most are used modern cars that are so much more forgiving. Anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, proportional steering, all wheel drive, etc. 
The Shelby is a different monster all together. Very unforgiving, and will bite you if you make any mistake under power. Traction lok will bring the ass-end of the car around on you very quick. 
They require an entirely different skill set to operate safely. This to go along with watching for all the other idiot aloof drivers who should have their cell phone stuffed in their posterior.
I try not to be on edge, but I am one of the most defensive drivers out there. I grew up driving in So Ca.  I used to take my Harley out and drive the coast line from Long Beach Traffic Circle to Newport Beach.  Driving in areas where many of the Vietnamese had resettled was absolutely scary coming up from PCH if I decided to return home on the 405 instead of down Pacific Coast Highway.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy