Author Topic: 1993 Cobra Color code info. Johnny Lightning's former Cobra  (Read 3050 times)

Brenna23

• View Profile
1993 Cobra Color code info. Johnny Lightning's former Cobra
« on: January 26, 2020, 09:31:52 PM »
Hi, I am looking for information on a 1993 Cobra that was formally owned by Johnny Lightning from 1995-2008. It is supposedly a experimental color of Vibrant Red that was maybe going to be used on the Cobra R? there were supposedly only 5 made and all were to be crushed but 2 made it out alive lol, Johnny's was one of them and I own it now. Looking for a man named Jason Venjeck? Vencheck? Venjek? not sure of the spelling, he is a former employee at SVT and I believe a higher up employee. Or anyone that worked at SVT at that time or maybe even Ford that might know any info on this. This car could possibly be a one of two and I don't know where the other one is or if it still is around. It has been inside pretty much its whole life and only has 48k original miles of which the original owner of 2 years put 24k on it. Thanks in advance for any help. Brent

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1993 Cobra Color code info. Johnny Lightning's former Cobra
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:08:23 AM »
Hi, I am looking for information on a 1993 Cobra that was formally owned by Johnny Lightning from 1995-2008. It is supposedly a experimental color of Vibrant Red that was maybe going to be used on the Cobra R? there were supposedly only 5 made and all were to be crushed but 2 made it out alive lol, Johnny's was one of them and I own it now. Looking for a man named Jason Venjeck? Vencheck? Venjek? not sure of the spelling, he is a former employee at SVT and I believe a higher up employee. Or anyone that worked at SVT at that time or maybe even Ford that might know any info on this. This car could possibly be a one of two and I don't know where the other one is or if it still is around. It has been inside pretty much its whole life and only has 48k original miles of which the original owner of 2 years put 24k on it. Thanks in advance for any help. Brent

Brent,

You may want to post this on the svtperformance site. As for the color, the choice of Vibrant Red was chosen almost 3 months before the production of the 93 Cobra and 93 "R" started. Color spray-out tests occurred on several vehicles, usually base Mustang coupes, and did include at least 1 F150 that was also used as a crash test vehicle at a later date.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:09:32 AM »
Sent you a PM.  I think I know who your looking for but the last name is spelled wrong.
Mark

Lots of Fords

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »
You are correct with 5 being produced. I believe your paint code is EY which is vibrant red with out clear coat.   Check out this site, they seem to have a lot of info.

http://1993cobra.com/phpBB/index.php?sid=974e7cb71d5825ef16903b9462a7711b

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:09:00 AM »
Are you talking about Johnny Lightning of Lightning truck Fame?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.