News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 10 Spoke tire size

Started by Corey Bowcutt, June 29, 2020, 03:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

Yesterday I had one of the tires on my GT350 bubble badly on the tread.  These are the tires that were on the car when I bought it so really do not know how old they are but suspect about 20 years old.  They are Cooper Cobra P225/60R15.  I have a set of Goodyear Polyglass tires that are mounted on stock steel wheels for shows but I want good driving tires for the 10 spokes.  I saw a discussion on the 69-70 Shelby page about tire size and they were using 235/60R15.  I am just wondering what size tires others are using on 68 10 spokes?

Corey

shelbydoug

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 29, 2020, 03:27:35 PM
Yesterday I had one of the tires on my GT350 bubble badly on the tread.  These are the tires that were on the car when I bought it so really do not know how old they are but suspect about 20 years old.  They are Cooper Cobra P225/60R15.  I have a set of Goodyear Polyglass tires that are mounted on stock steel wheels for shows but I want good driving tires for the 10 spokes.  I saw a discussion on the 69-70 Shelby page about tire size and they were using 235/60R15.  I am just wondering what size tires others are using on 68 10 spokes?

Corey

235-60-15 (front), just like the copycat 69 guys.  :)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Corey Bowcutt

shelbydoug does this imply you use something different on the back?

shelbydoug

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 29, 2020, 03:32:45 PM
shelbydoug does this imply you use something different on the back?

Sir. You are indeed correct.

295-50-15. The picture is posted in the SAAC photo gallery. I don't know if I posted the fronts though?

Tires are a common dilemma so I thought I'd post those pics permanently. Hope it helps?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 29, 2020, 03:27:35 PM

Corey

That is one scary looking tire, i'm amazed it didn't shake the filling out of your teeth
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350bp

I run 215 70 x 15 (front) and 255 60 x 15 (rear) tires on my GT 500KR. I like the narrower front tires, as it gives it more of a the drag race look. I had 275 60 x 15 (rears) many years ago.

KR Convertible

Corey,

I have 235/60-15s (BFG T/A) all the way around.  I did have a slight rub in the front.  The tire would just catch on the edge of the wheel lip molding, as it extended past the edge of the fender.  I pushed it back down with a hammer handle and ground of the excess and haven't had any problems since.

shelbydoug

Quote from: KR Convertible on June 30, 2020, 12:26:36 PM
Corey,

I have 235/60-15s (BFG T/A) all the way around.  I did have a slight rub in the front.  The tire would just catch on the edge of the wheel lip molding, as it extended past the edge of the fender.  I pushed it back down with a hammer handle and ground of the excess and haven't had any problems since.

I used the Daytonna Coupes as my fender to tire space model. Look at how the tires fit on them.

It depends on taste. Some like shaved heads and ankle choker slacks? Some like skinny tires? I like subtly aggressive.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!