News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 convertible shoulder belt retractor info needed

Started by Rukiddin, July 07, 2020, 12:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukiddin

Are any other year or model use the same retractor? One does not retract. Probably a broken spring inside. Before I try to open this original unit to try and repair I wonder what other would be useable either complete or internal parts. Anybody ever taken one apart and repaired?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on July 07, 2020, 12:15:07 PM
Are any other year or model use the same retractor? One does not retract. Probably a broken spring inside. Before I try to open this original unit to try and repair I wonder what other would be useable either complete or internal parts. Anybody ever taken one apart and repaired?
I am not sure if you are trying to break into the business or are just wanting to get the part fixed for your car or a customers car. My suggestion would be don't waste the time and effort when a capable restoration company Python Restoration  http://pythonrestoration.com/   is available. That is who many of the well known restorers and in the know owners send their retractable belts and harness's to. Just trying to help you skip the learning curve.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Seeking professional help is your best option👍

The coil spring is shared with other retractors, the Corvettes from the same time frame used a very similar retractor

Rukiddin

THANKS! That is exactly the type of advice I was seeking! I have enough learning curves and problems!    Getting close.......