News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hank in the press again

Started by sd427, July 09, 2020, 06:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd427

The July/August 2020 issue of the So Cal Auto Club magazine Westways has a feature on Hank Williams.

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Krelboyne

Quote from: Bob Gaines on July 09, 2020, 06:53:29 PM
Great guy.

X2 - Hank Williams regularly attends shows in SoCal and other locations. A great ambassador for the Cobra. I sure hope that his story gets documented. 
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

QuickSilverShelby

I was privileged to share a photo with Hank at SAAC 43. 
While admiring Hanks car at SAAC 43 in Sonoma, I was informed by a fellow Shelby enthusiast that Hank was one of the oldest original owners of a 65 Cobra.  I figured "Damn, I need a picture with a legend"  ;D.

QSS

http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/249-090720215219.jpeg
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on July 09, 2020, 09:59:27 PM
While admiring Hanks car at SAAC 43 in Sonoma, I was informed by a fellow Shelby enthusiast that Hank was one of the oldest original owners of a 65 Cobra.  I figured "Damn, I need a picture with a legend"  ;D.

QSS

That sure looks like MANDELLA to me... Nuther COBRA luver ;D

greekz

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on July 09, 2020, 09:59:27 PM

QSS

And the countless children that have had their pictures taken while sitting the the driver's seat of his Cobra.  Much to the amazement of their parents, that he would allow them to sit in his Cobra just for a picture.  One of the things I miss about living in Long Beach, not being able to attend area car shows to see Hank and his Cobra.  A true gentleman.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

jerry merrill

I have talked with him on several occasions at car shows in So Cal and he is truly a wonderful guy and is very proud of his car and will cheerfully tell you about it and his stories about Mr. Shelby. 

Rodster-500

Quote from: jerry merrill on July 10, 2020, 03:08:16 PM
I have talked with him on several occasions at car shows in So Cal and he is truly a wonderful guy and is very proud of his car and will cheerfully tell you about it and his stories about Mr. Shelby.

Someone should interview him and record it.  The stories would be fascinating.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Rodster-500 on July 10, 2020, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: jerry merrill on July 10, 2020, 03:08:16 PM

Someone should interview him and record it.  The stories would be fascinating.

+1!
Nothing beats a classic!

QuickSilverShelby

At the time of my picture with Hank I didn't fully appreciate that I was taking a picture with "Shelby royalty".  I'm pretty proud that I've had a picture taken with a legend.  As a "young pup" of 49 years old, I was humbled to be photographed with someone who bought their Cobra 4 years before I was even freakin born.

Thanks to you Hank for that picture.  I am honored.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

sfm5s081

Krelboyne

Quote from: sfm5s081 on July 27, 2020, 05:07:57 PM
Original owner!

Yes, but with the optional hardtop.
Not many sold with removable hardtops. Anyone know how many cars with hardtops out there?
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Wedgeman

Met him many times..I can't think of a better representative of  Cobra owners !! 8)