News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

3259 715 original transfer tube gaskets

Started by DC-DD, July 10, 2020, 05:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC-DD

3259  715  original transfer tube gaskets.  Anyone have a source ? I would prefer to use the original fittings before going with different
fittings .

Thanks

Dan Case

Original fittings were made by Imperial Eastman® under the FLEX® brand.  If an entity of that name still supplies the same design I can't find them.  It is possible to get replacements in the Parker® equivalent.  Otherwise you might see if an industrial supply company that makes gaskets and hose assemblies will make you some seals.

http://www.lesman.com/acatalog/Parker-Vibra-Lok-Brass-Fittings.html
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

gt350hr

"I" would call it a square O ring rather than a gasket. Holley has made several "runs" of replacement carbs and someone in their "custom shop" should be able to supply a source /part number. "Square o rings" are not anything exotic in the industrial world.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

CSX4781

Try a search under 'compression fitting'.

Dave

s2ms

I've always used cut-to-size sections of fuel hose,  never had a problem.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

gt350hr

Dave ,
      It's best when there isn't any thread in it. Some fuel hose is like that , not "all".

s2ms

Randy,

I've used both types for many years, never paid much attention because I've never had any problems. Just checked the specs...ID: 3/16", OD: ~7/16".

What kind of issues can the hose with threads cause?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

gt350hr

Leakage. As the hose "crushes" , the rubber separates from the threads and "can"  cause a leak/ breakdown of the rubber.