Author Topic: Shelby?  (Read 3298 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »
If you look at my 2 posts here, I have made it clear that no one is trying to pass this along as a "Registered" Shelby by SAAC.  This is a member of a family that inherited the car and asked for assistance.  I guess the sheltered covid crowd is a might snippity these days.

Nothing to do with you or your family as far as a "personal attack" . Many here ( myself included) are used to 6 cylinder GT350s , 65 and up GT350 Coupes , "Cobrealeys" claiming to be Shelbys. Sorry if "my" comments offended.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 12:40:21 PM »
This car does not belong to anyone in my Family.  I am merely trying to help someone with information so they know what they have.  I have Zero financial interest in this vehicle.
No need to apologize as I have seen many, many cars purported to be Shelbys, but we have to remember that his reach went from Aston to Ford to Chrysler to Olds and probably more.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 01:24:22 PM »
If you look at my 2 posts here, I have made it clear that no one is trying to pass this along as a "Registered" Shelby by SAAC.  This is a member of a family that inherited the car and asked for assistance.  I guess the sheltered covid crowd is a might snippity these days.
Randy ,I believe the commentary is directed towards the person or persons that created the car . It is obvious there was intent on their part to create a Shelby history for the car based on the repro tag IMO. The current owners are not the ones the commentary is about because you explained that they were not the builders and only ended up with the car because it was a hand me down.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »
No offense intended.joking around....However a Shelby tag on ANYTHING that isn’t a genuine Shelby American/Automotive product is almost always a bad idea IMHO..... :o

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
    Damn another "skunk works" myth  busted. Maybe Carl Shilby built this Cobite. ;)
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »
Kool car and very nice of you for taking the time to assist them

This car does not belong to anyone in my Family.  I am merely trying to help someone with information so they know what they have.  I have Zero financial interest in this vehicle.
No need to apologize as I have seen many, many cars purported to be Shelbys, but we have to remember that his reach went from Aston to Ford to Chrysler to Olds and probably more.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy