News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarble57

Well, for me, I had been hesitating painting the underside of the hood to body color as I kinda liked the matte black finish.  The darker color sure hides a lot of the imperfections of the bonding of fiberglass to the steel structure.  Once finished I have to say that I like the body color version better and it is now a bit more "original".

69mach351w

Drove it😁

Although not a Shelby but it is a 67 ;)

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Sixx7shelby

67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

rbarkley

Purchased points from CJ Pony.  Hopefully they are the right one's.
Will try to get it tuned next week!

BDT 739

Took it out for a relaxed smooth and easy and then violent drive. 

rmarble57

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rmarble57

Just for comparison purposes, this is how the underside of the hood was painted prior to yesterday and painting body color.

The Going Thing

Who made the hood the hood on your 67? I didn't notice any cuts for the oval air air cleaner in the structure.

rmarble57

To the best of my knowledge it is the original, but I haven't owned from new.  This is on a GT350, and low serial number (#23) and is a steel hood base with fiberglass overlay.

Unfortunately too hot to drive a black non A/C car here in L.A. today,so I am using it to hold an early 70s single fin surfboard I am working on.Should be cooler here tomorrow,so I hope to use it"as it was intended to be used" then.... 8)

rmarble57

Today I pulled the plugs to see how things were working.

oldcanuck

Quote from: 557 on July 19, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
Unfortunately too hot to drive a black non A/C car here in L.A. today,so I am using it to hold an early 70s single fin surfboard I am working on.Should be cooler here tomorrow,so I hope to use it"as it was intended to be used" then.... 8)

Black/black non-A/C cars, at least mine anyways, are not hitting the streets anytime soon in eastern TN....... I left early real early yesterday morning in one of my convertibles, to go to Cars and Coffee ..... by 7:15 I was already dripping..... not fun.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

427heaven

Is that a crack in the porcelin 2nd from left bottom row?