News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR500

Just replaced the rear axle seals Saturday on our 68 GT/CS. They probably were the originals. They are marked C7OW-1177-L    7-4   N.S. with a rectangular FoMoCo with red sealer around the circumference of the seal. N.S. = National Seal, National used red sealer, Chicago Rawhide ( CR ) used green. I don't think your seals would have been assembly line seals as the oval FoMoCo has been xx out. I have seen this in the past on parts produced by an OEM supplier but with the car company's logo xx or ground off in an OEM box. Example, Bendix disc pads with the FORD logo xx out in a Bendix box. And just not only on Ford parts but other car companies also. Most likely they were manufactured to be assembly line or service parts that ended up being over runs by National or that Ford didn't need at that time and they couldn't be sold to other part suppliers with the FoMoCo logo so they xx it out IMO.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

jguyer

Does washing the mud off from driving in the rain on dirt roads count?
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Skidado

Quote from: KR500 on September 24, 2021, 04:30:33 PM
Just replaced the rear axle seals Saturday on our 68 GT/CS. They probably were the originals. They are marked C7OW-1177-L    7-4   N.S. with a rectangular FoMoCo with red sealer around the circumference of the seal. N.S. = National Seal, National used red sealer, Chicago Rawhide ( CR ) used green. I don't think your seals would have been assembly line seals as the oval FoMoCo has been xx out. I have seen this in the past on parts produced by an OEM supplier but with the car company's logo xx or ground off in an OEM box. Example, Bendix disc pads with the FORD logo xx out in a Bendix box. And just not only on Ford parts but other car companies also. Most likely they were manufactured to be assembly line or service parts that ended up being over runs by National or that Ford didn't need at that time and they couldn't be sold to other part suppliers with the FoMoCo logo so they xx it out IMO.

That makes perfect sense Rodney. Many thanks for the detailed response.

David

Rodney

rcgt350

Moved the fuel line into the correct loop, scratch another off the list

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rcgt350 on September 26, 2021, 12:42:46 PM
Moved the fuel line into the correct loop, scratch another off the list
Meant in a helpful way a item to add to list - change coil wire to have straight in bell shape boot at coil and right angle boot at dist cap. That is if the list is for changing items to be more historically assemblyline correct which I suspect it is . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

Bob
I'm  always on board for suggestions, keep them coming please
I'll look into the wire now,
Thanks

S7MS427

Cleaned the car on Saturday and then went to the Lehigh Valley North East Regional Meet on Sunday.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Ran it through the gears....HARD....

JD

Quote from: S7MS427 on September 27, 2021, 08:12:54 AM
Cleaned the car on Saturday and then went to the Lehigh Valley North East Regional Meet on Sunday.

Roy, looks like your efforts were rewarded - congrat's!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bigfoot

I started up a few and then drove the 71 pickup I bought from Mrs Kiwi,...with the "injected" 383 stroker motor.
Left some Sik marks on the road.
RIP KIWI.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

pchmotoho

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 05, 2021, 08:26:08 PM
I started up a few and then drove the 71 pickup I bought from Mrs Kiwi,...with the "injected" 383 stroker motor.
Left some Sik marks on the road.
RIP KIWI.

a very proper tribute!

S7MS427

Quote from: JD on October 05, 2021, 04:59:56 PM
Roy, looks like your efforts were rewarded - congrat's!

Thanks, JD.  But there was only one other '67, a GT350.  Truth be told, my car is a 15 footer.  The other car was much nicer.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

roddster

I took 0036 out to the Autobahn Country Club for the annual Chicago Vintage Mustang Club show. 110 entries plus we had about 4 not-so- slow parade laps.  I had a ride -along: a 12 year old who is likely a future Shelby enthusiast. Great time (10/10/20211)

jguyer

Quote from: roddster on October 11, 2021, 09:40:48 AM
I took 0036 out to the Autobahn Country Club for the annual Chicago Vintage Mustang Club show. 110 entries plus we had about 4 not-so- slow parade laps.  I had a ride -along: a 12 year old who is likely a future Shelby enthusiast. Great time (10/10/20211)
And no one documented this with photographs?

jguyer

Getting ready to go to French Lick, IN.

Wait! The left rear turn signal doesn't work. And the brake lights don't work.

But the right turn signal DOES work.

Decided it must be the turn signal switch. Our friends at NPD have a replacement.

Here we go.

Getting the new wires back down the steering column, now that's the tricky part. No picture taking, just tedious work involving string and knot tying.