News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

I replaced the solenoid after discussing it with my Home Slice and "Gators" husband who is also my Home Slice in addition to triangulating the discussion with "Gators" father in law over a beer and a burger and a hot dog and a cup cake in 90 degree heat.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Sixx7shelby

Quote from: Bigfoot on July 25, 2020, 08:53:42 PM
I replaced the solenoid after discussing it with my Home Slice and "Gators" husband who is also my Home Slice in addition to triangulating the discussion with "Gators" father in law over a beer and a burger and a hot dog and a cup cake in 90 degree heat.

Glad it worked out Brother
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

tonys_shelby

I'm finally getting back to working on the restoration after moving and building a garage. I've had to move the rear brake bracket on the floor pan ( boy that was a pain). And interior trim.

Shelby4Life

I removed the gt350 emblem, from the slanted grill, that doesn't belong there. Looks better.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

BGlover67

Quote from: Shelby4Life on October 15, 2020, 09:38:51 PM
I removed the gt350 emblem, from the slanted grill, that doesn't belong there. Looks better.

Good for you!  Always looks better when it's correct. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

BeaterGT500

I dropped off the rear housing and 27 other crusty parts for blasting.  Items too big for my home blast cabinet.
Current custodian of 1967 GT500 #683, and a real Meyers Manx dune buggy. Also currently broke as a result.

oldcanuck

Quote from: oldcanuck on July 19, 2020, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: 557 on July 19, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
Unfortunately too hot to drive a black non A/C car here in L.A. today,so I am using it to hold an early 70s single fin surfboard I am working on.Should be cooler here tomorrow,so I hope to use it"as it was intended to be used" then.... 8)

Black/black non-A/C cars, at least mine anyways, are not hitting the streets anytime soon in eastern TN....... I left early real early yesterday morning in one of my convertibles, to go to Cars and Coffee ..... by 7:15 I was already dripping..... not fun.

Pulled the GT350 out of the back of the garage yesterday. It's now the perfect time in E TN to start enjoying. After building some oil pressure and priming the fuel bowls, she fired right up. Dusting and cleaning today, and maybe a short blast this afternoon, but for sure tomorrow.  Taking my '66 Duetto to my buddies museum for winter display this morning, and my '66 L72 is going to the guru's shop later in the week for some odds and ends. Aaaaah fall..... love that fuel smell in the cool morning air.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

rmarble57

Well, for me it was a repair.  After a morning "romp", i had to replace the clutch actuating rod.  It was together ... barely ... when i made it back to my shop, but it broke completely taking it off.  New one installed with bracing after cooldown.

oldcanuck

Replaced some old soft cracked rubber front end bushings with new black polyurethane and added 3 gallons of 110 octane. Now I'm ready for a couple more items on my list.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

roddster

Well, actually the date was 11/13/2020:  Picked up the clutch pressure plate and the relined friction disk for #0036.  I'll put it in this coming spring.  It was the replacement I put it way back when to stop the clutch actuating bar from constantly bending.
  Surge Friction in So.Holland Illinois did the work.  They've been in business forever, and advertise in Hemmings Motor News.

rmarble57

My '67 sat and watched me change the engine, trans and diff fluids on my '17 GT350R and then replace all 4 rotors with new pads.   2 more days of spirited track days put an end to my Carbotech pads. 

Now that that is done...............time to get the '67 out for a drive.

owenkelley

Took ours out for breakfast this morning. It's pretty good when you live in Montana and can drive your Shelby on November 29th! Especially considering there was a foot of snow on the ground a month ago......

Drove it like I stole it.....Pretty sure that some of the folks "outdoor dining"(it was lunch time) wish they weren't.... 8)

oldcanuck

Started wrestling with a small oil drip on one of the brass fittings from the oil press gauge line going into the block extension. I'm quite sure it would be a lot easier to get to if I removed the oil filter..... but no, I am determined I can get it as is even with my big hands !  While I was down there, I noticed a header flange bolt trying to back out a little, so that will be next as soon as I can find my 7mm allen wrench.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN