News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 Wood Steering Wheel

Started by werthie, March 14, 2018, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werthie

i've been meaning to post an ad for a '66 over-the-counter wood wheel in excellent condition . . .   PM me if interested . . .  $2750 FIRM.

alan in LA

werthie

the last picture above shows the slight separation on the back of the wheel, about 2" long (i'm not holding it in my hand at the moment) and not structural . . .  i think the wheel is excellent, but it's not "mint."  i used it as-is with no worries.  located in Los Angeles.

werthie

here's a close-up of the separation . . . looks like 3".

PR

I not sure but looks like wood was replaced, mine and most I have seen have a black 3/16 thick line on the back side all the way around, epoxy I think

Quote from: PR on March 24, 2018, 08:22:22 PM
I not sure but looks like wood was replaced, mine and most I have seen have a black 3/16 thick line on the back side all the way around, epoxy I think
.    That's true for the 67 production wheels but not sure about these over the counter 66 units.

SFM6S087

There may have been several versions of the 1966 optional wood steering wheel. The one for sale looks exactly like the original that I have – no black line on the back side.

Someone posted pics of the various versions a while back, but that topic was probably lost in the recent forum reboot.

Steve

silverton_ford

Quote from: SFM6S087 on March 25, 2018, 02:38:02 AM
There may have been several versions of the 1966 optional wood steering wheel. The one for sale looks exactly like the original that I have – no black line on the back side.

Someone posted pics of the various versions a while back, but that topic was probably lost in the recent forum reboot.

Steve

Here is that thread.  http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1118.msg8876#msg8876