News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

289K cast-in pushrod guide issue

Started by Bossbill, July 22, 2020, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbf777

Quote from: gt350hr on July 28, 2020, 02:18:36 PM
    Just keep the cats fed

Don't worry, they're fed well!           :)

I was at Costco s Sunday with my pallet-cart load of kitty-litter (it takes a truck in the parking lot for the load), as I'm standing in the check-out line a woman says: oh my, you must have a lot of cats?; I said no, just one really big one!             ::)

Another time some guy says the same, my response was: no, actually we're having the Super-Bowl party at my house, and with all of the beer-drinking, and not wanting to miss any plays, I just pour several bags of the kitty-litter on the floor in front of the couch, and I learned from previous experience to always buy extra in case the game goes into over-time!               :o

Scott.

427heaven

i luv reeding bout HI A LEE EDUMACATED PEEPS. Keeps me intristed in ritten subjicts... flowry n all. ;D

TA Coupe

Hey Randy, I didn't know you were such a big cat person. I love cats and go around town and feed approximately 30 cats every night and also have 10 cats of my own plus a foster right now.
CAT LIVES MATTER 😸

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

gt350hr

Yes Scott and I , along with you are cat guys. I am "down" to 7 inside at the moment and have been as high as 13 at one time. Carol and I are fortunate that they "let us live there" as THEY own the house  , I guarantee you.

Keeping on subject , I can't understand why Ford had so much trouble with rocker alignment. In "my experience" one in ten heads have a pushrod guide issue or "undercut" stud(s). We used to switch to roller rockers but they are still "skewed". Makes no sense.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bossbill

Quote from: gt350hr on July 23, 2020, 12:09:50 PM
    Scott,
       On a HiPO head that is factory machined for studs , I have used the Ford ( now obsolete) C9OX plate. It is only .060 thick IIRC and has no affect on rocker geometry , nor will the rocker "bottom out" on the stud. A thicker "aftermarket" guide plate "could" require  machining I suppose.
    Randy

I liked this solution better than replacing all the studs and possibly having to machine the head for the thicker plates. I did find a set of the C9OX plates and while pricey they look like an era-correct mod.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA Coupe on July 28, 2020, 04:43:05 PM
Hey Randy, I didn't know you were such a big cat person. I love cats and go around town and feed approximately 30 cats every night and also have 10 cats of my own plus a foster right now.
CAT LIVES MATTER 😸

Roy

Hey cat man do's. Check out my facebook page. I'll introduce you to all of them. My Greyhounds get along with them well.

I can't keep them off of my cars though. The best I can do is wax the cars so they slip off. They get even by leaving foot prints all over the windshield. "We were up to 8 at one point".

I miss the ones that are gone every day but even more at Christmas time. Meow Baby! ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

Been lurking on this thread only to have the discussion change to cats....Cat rule!  I'm headed over to the Lounge to start a "Cat Thread"!
5S071, 6S1467

shelbydoug

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on December 21, 2021, 03:36:14 PM
Been lurking on this thread only to have the discussion change to cats....Cat rule!  I'm headed over to the Lounge to start a "Cat Thread"!

OMG! LMAO!  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bossbill on July 27, 2020, 04:51:37 PM
I understand that most threads are rolled, not cut.
However it's the style of the thread that's interesting. V-shaped threads are easy enough to roll, so why this style? ...

From a tooling standpoint it's easier to cut threads using tools with sharp corners. It's easier to roll threads with a tool that doesn't have a sharp point that would wear out quickly.
Industry standard is 75% thread engagement for max holding.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bossbill

Someone already modded the hell out of my heads with the "Crane Fireball" type mod with huge round exhaust ports that barely fit within the confines of the stock manifolds. But with the valve covers off I didn't want a set of black oxide aftermarket plates staring back at me.
Instead we'll see this:

[not sure how this got all derailed into something this Cat-tastic]
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx