News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

lots of new car 1965 GT350 pictures on this site in the early pages

Started by Dan Case, July 23, 2020, 06:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

SFM5S000

Dan,

Great post! Interesting image 9th row down on the right of the 65 GT350 steering wheel, but what caught my eye was the placement of the toggle horn switch. Not the norm for the majority of 65 350's.

Cheers,
~Earl J

68gtcoupe

Thanks for posting!  Great photos, really enjoyed looking at those.

propayne

Lots of great photos on the Petersen site - thanks for the link.

If you search Dan Gurney you'll see they erroneously have some photos of Jerry Titus working on his Trans-Am Firebird.

And - if you search NASCAR Grand Touring you'll find some great photos of the Bud Moore Cougars  8)

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

CharlesTurner

Any idea how to get access to the full resolution images?

Thanks for posting Dan.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Dan Case

Quote from: CharlesTurner on July 23, 2020, 08:47:59 PM

Thanks for posting Dan.

You are welcome. I hunt Cobra stuff frequently. There are thousands of Shelby related pictures scattered around several sites. There are a few people with hundreds more off line. Hunting pictures showing a particular detail can take very tiring days at a time.

I was looking for apparent black marks mentioned on distributor housings. Day one GT350 pictures was a good place to start.

I believe you have to buy prints. There are a few sites with historic photos. I bought some prints of Cobras from one of them.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

CSX 4133

Thanks for posting Dan.

If you click on the individual pictures it brings up a menu of options regarding the picture selected.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: CSX 4133 on July 23, 2020, 10:28:45 PM

Thanks for posting Dan.

If you click on the individual pictures it brings up a menu of options regarding the picture selected.

Right, and if you look at the image pages, the low and hi-red images are marked as 'restricted'. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Thanks for notifying us. Looks like the Mustang fastback in the road test pictures is likely the fastback that was repainted red (was white) and made the rounds. Was at SA for a while. Though these pictures appear to have been taken after that visit. Possibly a preproduction pilot plant built car.

Bunch of details in the pictures match other photo sessions/times

Some of the pictures were posted a few years back on another site

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge