Author Topic: ENOUGH! Bill Kolb Jr recommended KR, SHELBY flat out lied! Does the truth matter  (Read 12432 times)

TA Coupe

• View Profile
All right here is the non PC version that he told me: "Goes like hot sh?t"
Were any of you around for the Cobra open track at Willow Springs when the factory sent a few of them out? The guys in the Shelbys got there ass kicked by them. The factory did send out some hot shoes to drive them though. Talk about a huge surprise🤤

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Perhsps the OP should contact the Mecum announcers?

They of course will be open to correcting the record.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
   GLHS=POS , everyone ELSE can enjoy them as there will never be one in my driveway! LOL
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

owenkelley

• View Profile
   GLHS=POS , everyone ELSE can enjoy them as there will never be one in my driveway! LOL

POS is a bit harsh.....not everyone can afford a classic Shelby, and the GLHS did actually go through Shelby's shop in California for it's modifications. Does that make it more of a purebred Shelby product than a 68-70 Shelby?  ;)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Well all of this was done while Iococca was head of Chrysler and seemingly Shelby's efforts were an attempt by him to get back into the good graces at Ford?

What did it in for me was when the Shelby Team had one of these cigar boxes running around one of the race tracks with the turbo dialed up faster then they could get an R model to go.

I mean, to me, this was like a crime against Nature. A crime against the Universe.

In addition it seemed like the base vehicle wasn't ugly and repulsive enough? Shelby had to enhance that.

Talking about a counter culture personality? Wow. This must be what Devil worship is like?

Iococca was doing the "the Deuce" song and dance again about having a real Italian sportscar. He bought about a dozen Detomaso Panteras and sent a couple out to Shelby in California. There they pulled out the Cleveland and installed a 318 turbocharged in two of them.

Fortunately those are the only two, This was when Lamborghini was in financial trouble and Chrysler bought them out. The 91 Diablos have Chrysler VIN tags on them. Fortunately Iococca forgot about the 318 engine in those and left the Lamborghini v12's in.

The only way I'd have one of these Shelby Dodges in my driveway would be if I was having a "let's set it on fire and burn it to the ground" party?

Even with the Viper, it's an ok car especially if you consider this ass backwards design philosophy over at Chrysler that they have to redefine ugly as desirable, but with all of their engineering prowess, they needed a V10 to equal the performance of a Ford 427?
Really? Something definitely wrong with them over there?

Get out of here with that Dodge crap. That's all it is.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:16:41 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

POS is a bit harsh.....not everyone can afford a classic Shelby, and the GLHS did actually go through Shelby's shop in California for it's modifications. Does that make it more of a purebred Shelby product than a 68-70 Shelby?  ;)

Harsh? Hum?

"A rose by any name would be as sweet".  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile

Owen,
         I'm not dissing "you" personally , but I hear this all the time . IF "someone" REALLY wants to own a classic Shelby , they should make it a goal and really work towards realizing that goal. That's how "I" got through life. 46 years ago my Hertz car wasn't a "six figure" car and I DAMN sure wasn't making six figures , but "somehow" I managed to buy my second Shelby.
     The GLHS is still a POS IMHO. Harsh , NO , JMPO ( Just My Personal Opinion)
and others are welcome to disagree!
       Besides it has nothing to do with a KR.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

trotrof1

• View Profile
GLHSKR     Now your talkin  And make the decal big like the 1978 Cobra 2. Can be seen from space.

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
What do any of the past several posts have to do with the original post???

NOTHING....  8)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Just think if people asked themselves that question more 🤗

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

NOTHING....  8)

Oh no. I hear the rustling of the Shelby Secret Police again. Is that part of the DHS?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
So then who is the real originator of the GT500 moniker? 8)

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You

NOTHING....  8)

Haven’t you heard? Its a battle of words and most of them are lies....
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

NOTHING....  8)

What does the original post have to do with anything?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

What does the original post have to do with anything?

And Doug knocks one out of the park  ;)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0