Author Topic: 1965 GT 350 TIRE COVERS TOP QUALITY REPRO  (Read 2022 times)

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
1965 GT 350 TIRE COVERS TOP QUALITY REPRO
« on: July 26, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »
I would like to let you guys know that Charles took time and energy to make some really top quality tire covers for the 65 GT350 (thank you  ;) ), i bought one years ago to put in 5S241 to keep my original from  further sun-deteriorations, i guarantee you won't be disappointed in spending money on those .
I m not getting anything for doing this advertising , i just want to let know other owners who are looking for the best parts available to replace some "impossible original-parts to find" you can go for those  !
Chris.

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=11355.0

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1965 GT 350 TIRE COVERS TOP QUALITY REPRO
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:27:11 PM »
Thanks, much appreciated!

There was an attempt to post this in my for sale ad, but it was deleted by the moderator, with the suggestion of putting it in a discussion group... just FYI...
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 10:04:49 PM »
Have seen them from the last batch and I would suggest that if your even slightly considering getting one you should jump at the chance. One of the issues with projects like this is sources for the products dry up, get replaced by something less like original or it becomes more expensive. Kind of surprised that shipping is included to the 48 states. Shipping isn't getting any cheaper if you've noticed.

Just my experience
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:25:10 AM »
Is there any way to verify that a spare tire cover is the original? I have one that I assume is original as it came with the car and I have never given it a second thought (until now).
65 GT350

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:11:57 AM »
Is there any way to verify that a spare tire cover is the original? I have one that I assume is original as it came with the car and I have never given it a second thought (until now).

Attached are a couple pics of an original next to the ones I have.  This is from the previous batch done a few years back.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:47:44 AM by CharlesTurner »
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:02:38 PM »
Thanks Charles, mine looks just like your picture.

65 GT350