Author Topic: Power Ventilation question  (Read 1840 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Power Ventilation question
« on: October 02, 2020, 06:12:28 PM »
There is a water shut off valve in the engine bay, does it go on the upper heater hose (firewall) or the lower firewall heater hose?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ventilation question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »
There is a water shut off valve in the engine bay, does it go on the upper heater hose (firewall) or the lower firewall heater hose?
The ones I have seen power vent SB, the water shut off valve was on the intake hose. That water from the intake flows from the hot engine to the heater core. The valve itself has a arrow for showing direction .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »
That is helpful. Thank you sir. I guess you would want the water shut off before it goes through the heater core?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 07:43:49 PM »
That is helpful. Thank you sir. I guess you would want the water shut off before it goes through the heater core?
That seems to make the most sense to me. Others may have different opinions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 08:15:19 PM »

It had one of the flat round top vacuum controlled shut offs on the passenger side of the engine compartment
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »

It had one of the flat round top vacuum controlled shut offs on the passenger side of the engine compartment
It sounds like you are describing the 67/68 shut off valve . The 69/70 has the barrel shaped vacuum pod that has the vacuum nipple facing forward. 

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
I have a very original ‘69 Mach I ,SCJ with power ventilation and has the same hot water shut-off as the A/C equipped cars. Very similar in many respects to factory A/C cars behind the dash,including the dash pad and metal dash base. I used to search fo “spare parts” for that system and only found ONE dash control marked power vent! Gotta be a challenge today.....

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 09:05:01 PM »
It sounds like you are describing the 67/68 shut off valve . The 69/70 has the barrel shaped vacuum pod that has the vacuum nipple facing forward.

Looking for a picture of one or more with the option :) and that area

For the above response that (the valve) was part of the system that was removed from a power vent Mustang and up for sale a while back.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:20:27 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Rukiddin

• View Profile
Re: Power Ventilation question / pics
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
Here are a couple I took . Hope they help. If not,I can take more ;D
Maybe I can figure out why they turn out sideways........
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:01:16 AM by Rukiddin »

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »
Thank you, Im still questioning which hose has the valve? It appears to be top hole here, which I think is core return line to water pump?

It looks like there is an equivalent Cougar system as well.

The “ok” decal is interesting. Which plant is the car from?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:49:16 AM by Coralsnake »

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »
The routing of the heater hoses was done years ago,by me,and I found it easiest to install the water valve in the upper hose that comes from intake manifold. Some old info might show the hoses reversed,not sure. Ford shop manual should show that info in cooling system section.
  That paper “OK” sticker came from some new car I serviced for delivery back late 80’s. Not original,but looks the part....Dearborn car.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
Thanks for the honest assessment

I would think you want shut off coolant to the core. That would mean in the intake to core hose. So, thats probably Wrong! LOL

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2020, 12:46:11 PM »
Actually,I have the valve installed in the hose from intake ( correct), but then through upper hole in firewall (wrong). I ain’t changing it either ,unless I get real bored someday.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
Thanks, I found the drawings in the 69 shop manual. I had previously checked the assembly books

I see now valve goes in the hose from bottom hole in fw to intake intake fitting for all displacements. Thanks all
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:21:36 PM by Coralsnake »

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 01:20:10 PM »