News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

You Tube: The Full Story of Ken Miles.

Started by BGlover67, July 30, 2020, 08:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

sfm5s350

Very well done! Learned a little more about ken miles.must of been a fantastic guy!

FL SAAC

You know I have said it before and I'll say it again:

what if the Germans had won WWII, what if  Napoleon's Grande Armée crossed the Neman River and actually defeated the Russian Army and many more situations.

What if Ken Miles started a car company....Ken Miles American ....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

BGlover67

What if baby Superman's rocket landed in Berlin instead of Smallville back in the 1920's?

Uberman!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CSX 4133

Not bad for a former tank commander in WW2.   :)

greekz

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

CSX 4133

shelbydoug

It's a nice little article, hardly comprehensive, but nice to listen too.

Frankly, i don't think that either Miles or Shelby can be summarized in a simple little statement. Both were very dynamic personalities, both rather complex.

What if there was a vaccination against stupidity? Would you take it?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Seemed the common denominator at the CS headquarters for fixing ALL sorts of problems was the hammer. That seemed to shape metal and mens personalities. I guess at 135 lbs Ken needed an equalizer.

trotrof1

Something I didnt know prior to this video was that the transmission locked up on the MK4 prototype. Prior to that all I knew was that the rear tires  locked up when Remington said that on a Speed channel episode. Does anyone know what the specific fix was?

shelbydoug

The trans axles in the GT40's were a problem from the beginning. In '64, they all broke. Pretty much the same in '65 as Miles had warned.

In 66, that was thought to have been corrected but it was my understanding from my "interviews" at Hoolman that no one knew the cause of the crash?

Perhaps the comment from Remington was speculation on his part?

They talked to me alot when they thought I was going to buy one of their million dollar Mark Iv's in Charlotte?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

trotrof1

I think what Phil referred to was skid mark evidence leading to the rear wheel lockup assumption. I thought the MK2 and 4 transmissions were the same unit both being 427 cars.