News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Just wanted to say THANKS!

Started by hurlbird, July 18, 2020, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

if you track my inquires then you can track the progress of my restoration and for some of you anticipate my next questions! I generally try to only ask questions that I cant source elsewhere and I often hear from many of the same people. I really appreciate this site and your responses. More to come I'm sure!!!

I'm a Pontiac guy that stumbled on this Shelby thus all the inquiries.......

:D

Chris Thauberger

I'm just paying it forward. I owe this site and the members a debt of gratitude, without them I would have had a much more difficult time assembling my car.

Don't worry about the trolls after all what do you expect from someone who lives in their mommy's basement.  ;)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

The Going Thing

I sent the OP a message and apologized for addressing your passive-aggressive behavior on his post as there was no "trolling". The question was formed in a manner to clarify the OP's post as to his query and chosen name for a component. It was a genuine attempt to assist. I thought I recalled that he wasn't from the United States and I thought perhaps there was a language barrier.

As for basement dwellers. I'll just stay up stairs in my million dollar home as there are few basements in the DFW area. In case your forgot both my parents passed away 32 days apart over Christmas and New Years.

You and few others have elected to become the issue here hiding under an assortment of screen names with your hit and run attacks. Bitter, hostile and simply nasty. High school is long over, as is college follies.

We've had polite discussions many times in the past, Chris.  Most of us provide helpful information, and not all information is about Concours.
While I have been trying to be polite set the last year and a half behind me and move you're making it all but impossible.  You want to have an exchange, pull it off the forum and do so in PM so you don't make others wallow in your misery.

69mach351w

Heck don't do it in PM's, do it in person!!  That's my preference if/when needed.

Now back to our OP and his thoughtfulness and gratitude😎

The Going Thing

It wouldn't be advantageous for him to so do.  However, I do remember a time when you went out back, beat the crap out of each other and were best friends the next day.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: The Going Thing on July 19, 2020, 02:13:33 AM
I sent the OP a message and apologized for addressing your passive-aggressive behavior on his post as there was no "trolling". The question was formed in a manner to clarify the OP's post as to his query and chosen name for a component. It was a genuine attempt to assist. I thought I recalled that he wasn't from the United States and I thought perhaps there was a language barrier.

As for basement dwellers. I'll just stay up stairs in my million dollar home as there are few basements in the DFW area. In case your forgot both my parents passed away 32 days apart over Christmas and New Years.

You and few others have elected to become the issue here hiding under an assortment of screen names with your hit and run attacks. Bitter, hostile and simply nasty. High school is long over, as is college follies.

We've had polite discussions many times in the past, Chris.  Most of us provide helpful information, and not all information is about Concours.
While I have been trying to be polite set the last year and a half behind me and move you're making it all but impossible.  You want to have an exchange, pull it off the forum and do so in PM so you don't make others wallow in your misery.

I have been called worse by better, I accept your apology  ;)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

TOBKOB

QuoteIt wouldn't be advantageous for him to so do.  However, I do remember a time when you went out back, beat the crap out of each other and were best friends the next day.

+1...The good ole days

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

Ponchos,  we love those Ponchos H.O.s, S.D.s, R.A. III, R.A.IVs, 389, 400, 421, 428, 455s

And welcome to the best vintage S H E L B Y site !

Quote from: hurlbird on July 18, 2020, 07:16:21 PM
if you track my inquires then you can track the progress of my restoration and for some of you anticipate my next questions! I generally try to only ask questions that I cant source elsewhere and I often hear from many of the same people. I really appreciate this site and your responses. More to come I'm sure!!!

I'm a Pontiac guy that stumbled on this Shelby thus all the inquiries.......

:D
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Mikelj5S230

There is a wealth of information here, best of luck to you, it is a long, winding, and expensive road you have chosen...... 8)
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

hurlbird

they always seem to be that way..... >:(