Author Topic: resistance wire install  (Read 4538 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: resistance wire install /dead horse
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 01:12:48 PM »

Pertronix used to have a high output (blaster) coil alternate to the typical coil they offered that was potted in epoxy instead of oil for heavy duty operation. For what ever reason it was shorter then the typical GM style after market coil that they sold then and still sell now . The now obsolete coil was the same approximate size as the yellow top coil except it put out 3 times the power that the stock coil does. I would paint the top with a close yellow top color to disguise the coil as OEM better. They are of course not a exact copy of a yellow top coil and not for concours but look very similar. It will make a informed enthusiast look twice. When Pertronix discontinued them I bought up a few and still have some left . I have some that are designed to work with factory resistant wire or some that work without the resistor (straight 12V) .  PM me if you want to have your cake and eat it too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:14:41 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby