News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Convert floor plug color

Started by Rukiddin, August 01, 2020, 07:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukiddin

What is the original color of the larger floor plug? I truly believe I have one original from my car and it looks "army green" to me. The repos look to be a gold anodized?

Coralsnake

Gold colored plating is correct

The plating is irredescent and composed of many colors, but gold is the predominate color

Bob Gaines

To add,the gold finish is called Zinc Dichromate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Scott Fuller

I have seen a number of the floor pan plugs plated Olive Drab Zinc.  Most were Zinc Dichromate.  But just to be clear, they aren't painted.  They are plated.

Scott

Rukiddin

Thanks to those that responded,I really appreciate the advice. I think the color ( 50 years ago) may have been similar to the dull olive drab as on Many Ford molding clips. Now I have to find one more..........

Coralsnake

68blk500c

I will agree with Scott.  Our #2139 plugs are not zinc plated, but rather just like your photo.  Like Scott, I have seen others the same finish.  One of those variations during the production year.