News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Water Pump #

Started by csxsfm, August 04, 2020, 01:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csxsfm

What would be the correct part numbers for the cast iron water pump and timing cover for an early (290) '66 GT350?  Thanks.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: csxsfm on August 04, 2020, 01:53:26 PM
What would be the correct part numbers for the cast iron water pump and timing cover for an early (290) '66 GT350?  Thanks.
C5OE-A engineering number on the timing cover .If you want to get real particular they all have a date code right by the engineering number . The date code is a wheel with a year date in the middle and dots on the spokes of the wheel typically to indicate month. The water pump has a casting number of  C6OE-A.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

csxsfm

gt350hr

+1 The casting dates( on the engine) should all be in '65 despite the pump having the C6OE casting number. "Blue" engines started being produced as early as Sept '65 with "some" C6 casting number parts. I have a vin for a '65 GT that was "born with" a blue engine.
    Randy
   ( content corrected because my brain was in low gear) Casting dates on aluminum pumps , NOT C5OE or C6OE iron pumps. SORRY for the confusion and thanks to those who "put me on report" LOL.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.