News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT 350 (Early 10/66) 4-Speed Shifter Boot to Floor Hardware

Started by DGSOH, March 15, 2018, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGSOH

What would be the correct hardware for securing the shifter boot(s) to the tunnel?

As near as I can tell the lower boot is pulled up through the tunnel opening and sandwiched between the cabin side of the tunnel and upper boot. I've seen both p/o hex-head bolts and pan head phillips sold for the application. AMK F-907 (pan head phillips) is described as "SHIFTER (manual) LWR BOOT RETAINER" and described elsewhere as "4-piece kit includes screws needed to secure the lower shifter boot to the floor". Just want to make sure I'm looking for/at the right thing.

Thanks -

DGSOH

Bob Gaines

Quote from: DGSOH on March 15, 2018, 07:52:06 PM
What would be the correct hardware for securing the shifter boot(s) to the tunnel?

As near as I can tell the lower boot is pulled up through the tunnel opening and sandwiched between the cabin side of the tunnel and upper boot. I've seen both p/o hex-head bolts and pan head phillips sold for the application. AMK F-907 (pan head phillips) is described as "SHIFTER (manual) LWR BOOT RETAINER" and described elsewhere as "4-piece kit includes screws needed to secure the lower shifter boot to the floor". Just want to make sure I'm looking for/at the right thing.

Thanks -

DGSOH
The pan head does not stick up as much compared to the hex head and helps the carpet lay down better in that area.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel