News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

To Paint Original Lime Gold or non Orginal Nightmist Blue

Started by Fastback66, August 03, 2020, 04:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 2112 on August 07, 2020, 04:04:07 PM
^^^

Good to hear. Reminds back of when color changes were commonplace as it was all about enjoying your car as much as possible.

It still is  ;)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

Does a transmission type change effect the market value negatively?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Vernon Estes

Quote from: 2112 on August 07, 2020, 04:04:07 PM
^^^

Good to hear. Reminds back of when color changes were commonplace as it was all about enjoying your car as much as possible.

Ive seen the market shifting back towards that attitude in the last year years.

The last 3-4 concours 65 GT350s that have gone through my hands have all had radials put on them at the request of the new owners...

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Vernon Estes

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 10, 2020, 06:52:46 AM

In general, 4 speed cars are the more desirable, sell the quickest and bring a premium over an auto.

Of course, there are many buyers specifically looking for autos at the same time,..just that most buyers want factory 4 speed cars right now.

Interestingly, 4 speeds are favored enough right now that auto cars converted to 4 speeds, IMO, are similar to lime cars painted to more desirable colors...they actually dont suffer value declines and might actually sell for more if all else is equal despite the cars being "modified".

Again, just my 2 cents...

Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Vernon Estes on August 10, 2020, 09:13:36 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 10, 2020, 06:52:46 AM

In general, 4 speed cars are the more desirable, sell the quickest and bring a premium over an auto.

Of course, there are many buyers specifically looking for autos at the same time,..just that most buyers want factory 4 speed cars right now.

Interestingly, 4 speeds are favored enough right now that auto cars converted to 4 speeds, IMO, are similar to lime cars painted to more desirable colors...they actually dont suffer value declines and might actually sell for more if all else is equal despite the cars being "modified".

Again, just my 2 cents...

Vern
Thanks for your knowledgeable insight Vern. I am one who always has gravitated to 4 speed cars and most of mine have been. Having owned over 30 Mustangs most have been 4 speeds. Only a few have been automatics one being an original 15K mile 73 vert. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

67 GT350

So can I tell my potential buyer that the big wigs at SAAC all say, color changes and transmissions changes hardly effect the price?

That might work, except when a SAAC big wig shows up to buy my car, then I bet I will be told, "You know, because you put a nice 4 speed in your car, that has hurt its value." Or The color is not correct, thus I cannot pay as much as I would it you had painted it the correct color."

I am sure my 100K Shelby will be knocked down no matter what it is, auto/air car. If my car was a 4 speed/no air, I bet it would be 120K maybe? Its Moss Green, not my favorite, but its correct. To me even though it is a correct car, I paid much less because, I feel the color dictated that. If I find a 67 that is the color I want, I will maybe change my car out for it.

(My numbers, 100 and 120 are fictional numbers, don't think that's its for sale)
RARE  Signature Delete

Shawn

I personally like Lime cars without stripes and having a high quality modern paint job.  I think the Lime cars that are not appreciated have a poor or old paint job and agree the color is not appealing at all.  The modern paint may "not be correct" but sure has a different appearance and reflects the lines of the car much better. 

Fastback66

Great discussion, thanks for the input. I'm going with Nightmist....well that's my plan today anway.

67 GT350

I bet with a nice paint job, the green metallic cars can look stunning....
My Boss 302 is the worst color, but I bought it just before the BJ rise years ago, now it did not matter, since they have tumbled in price, my car is that light green, and I must say, it looks great! However, it is not my favorite color. I would or cannot see doing a color change on that car.

(if the picture is sideways, can the sideways guy fixer please fix it?)
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

Here it is...

(maybe I should change my "handle" seems so many are lately, must be fashionable??)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: JD on August 10, 2020, 03:08:57 PM
Here it is...

(maybe I should change my "handle" seems so many are lately, must be fashionable??)

What would you call yourself?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

The pic turner!
Thank you!

How you do dat? I am on a MacBook Air......
RARE  Signature Delete

JD

I use a laptop (PC) for getting on the internet (have MAC towers for work and have Photoshop for "real" image editing) it comes with a program called "Paint" which is a very basic image editing program that will rotate, size and let you add text, shapes lines, arrows in color to an image file.

I just save the file to a drive and then open it in Paint rotate it, I usually just add an "R" at the end, save it and repost it.

There maybe some equivalent type program on the MacBook?  Maybe open the file in that program rotate it 90 degrees and resave with a added letter on the end and see if that works?

(I think "JD" seems to work most days)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!