Author Topic: Were all the SAAC conventions filmed from the very first one till now ?  (Read 1430 times)

shelby69

• View Profile
Was just wondering if all the SAAC conventions were filmed from the very beginning till now  ?  Are they available  anywhere ?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Were all the SAAC conventions filmed from the very first one till now ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 01:03:59 AM »
Not commercially. Probably some old 8mm exists of the early ones. Home video & digital cameras didn't exist yet. I've got slides from #1. I remember a panorama photo at one of the early ones where people ran from the starting end to the far end so they showed up twice in the picture.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 08:13:51 AM »
I was at SAAC 25 (Lime Rock 2000) they had that guy and his camera there, he did photos of the years/types of cars as they were parked in groups around the track.  My car was in the '67 Shelby group. 

The earlier one was SAAC 7 Great Gorge NJ 1982 that one was all Shelby's gathered with some Cobra's in front. 

I have framed color prints of both events.  The prints are about 53 x 9.5 inches.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:35:21 AM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelby69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
Ok. Thanks. Ill check youtube maybe some are there..

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
there are some vhs tapes out there  ......i have a few of them but cannot remember which convention they were from likely before 16 ..  fun to watch and people spot
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 11:14:10 AM »
   The first time SAAC was at the Brickyard, I recall somebody in front of me with a camera filming our group going down the back straight.  I asked back then if anybody had some film to share in a Snakebite bulletin.  Alas, no reply.