Author Topic: Riley Motorsports to build GT40 next generation.  (Read 2298 times)

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Riley Motorsports to build GT40 next generation.
« on: August 08, 2020, 07:09:27 AM »

No matter what we may personally feel about this venture I think it's cool and the background story of Bob Riley makes it even better.

https://speedsport.com/sports-cars/other-sports-cars/riley-technologies-to-build-next-generation-of-mk-iv/

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Riley Motorsports to build GT40 next generation.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 07:25:07 AM »
Maybe I should read the entire article but wasn't Holman making continuation Mark IV's? What happened there?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 08:23:29 AM »
Thought it was Kenny Thompson and Mike Teske that completed the continuation of the Mark IV's? .

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 11:42:54 AM »
Lee Holman offered MkIIs starting in the early '90s.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 12:40:05 PM »
Lee Holman offered MkIIs starting in the early '90s.

- Phillip

It WAS at SAAC36, at VIR, as I walked around the corner from vendors row, there they were staring me in the face, a Mark II, a J car and a Mark IV. Kenny Thompson was one of the "constructors" there explaining  them.

I recsall the Mark IV was the only one that ran. The J car was a roller and the Mark II was on a trailer.

They were being offered for sale at around 995 each depending on the equipment and it was Lee Holman I was talking to about them and my C6FE aluminum427 heads and what they belonged on. So at that moment, it wasn't just limited to the MkII's.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!