News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Rear brake shoes needed for 5S003

Started by CharlesTurner, August 09, 2020, 03:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Desperately looking for a correct set of rear brake shoes for 5S003.  Big brakes, segmented.

Need asap, thanks!
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

NC TRACKRAT

5S071, 6S1467

Cobrask8

As a non-original replacement, aren't those Galaxie/Full size/ Pick-up drum brake assemblies?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cobrask8 on August 10, 2020, 12:18:59 PM
As a non-original replacement, aren't those Galaxie/Full size/ Pick-up drum brake assemblies?
The big cars typically do not use segmented semi metallic brake shoes but those are what was use originally on 65/66 GT350.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Cobrask8

Thanks Bob. I did that upgrade on my 1969, adding the rear drum assemblies from a 1965 Galaxie. Yes, different material and not segmented, but yes to the sizing and origin of the parts. Forced 15" wheel size. I also had to change the M/C for one with a correct bore to keep the brakes working correctly, but made a big difference in stopping.

TLea

not to muddy a post any further (OK I will, sorry Charles) but 65 Galaxie used 11" rear brakes. The Shelbys used 10

Bob Gaines

Are you looking for bonded or riveted?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby