Author Topic: Shelby American; USA Transporters and Service Vehicles  (Read 59072 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby American; Transporters and Service Vehicles
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2018, 02:50:46 PM »
Well looking to the right in the picture, we can see that they have the jack stands standing by just in case the hydraulic jack fails!
I raced Nascar sanctioned circle track for 10 yrs back in 80's early 90's and if the track promoter or owner EVER seen us with a car in the air w/o jack stands, he would ban us from the track for a year!!!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
I might have jumped to a bad conclusion. Look closer at the LR photo. The jack doesn't look like it could be holding up the car. There may be jack stands in place we can't see.

tesGT350,
Good call on the creeper, I can't imagine that rolling on the rough dirt.

Dkutz,
Do you mean a toy or a real vehicle?
-A company called M2 makes a 1:64 scale diecast of the Econoline panel van in a CSSHPD (driving school) decoration and a "Powered by Ford" version.
They also have a transporter of the cab/box trailer as well as a Cab/open trailer hauling a 65 GT350.
-If you mean a real van there was a Econoline window van at SAAC 42 with the "CSSHPD / Race Assistance Program" lettering on it.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
I found this CSSHPD van. It is so hard to find anything around here at our walmarts. We have 3 within a 50 mile radius, and we don't get hardly any M2's or Johnny Lightning or anything for that fact :-\

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:30:31 PM by 69mach351w »

Dkutz

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2018, 11:26:23 PM »
I might have jumped to a bad conclusion. Look closer at the LR photo. The jack doesn't look like it could be holding up the car. There may be jack stands in place we can't see.

tesGT350,

Dkutz,
-A company called M2 makes a 1:64 scale diecast of the Econoline panel van in a CSSHPD (driving school) decoration and a "Powered by Ford" version.
They also have a transporter of the cab/box trailer as well as a Cab/open trailer hauling a 65 GT350.
-If you mean a real van there was a Econoline window van at SAAC 42 with the "CSSHPD / Race Assistance Program" lettering on it.

The real vehicles.  They would be so cool to transport your cars with!

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »
Just found this decent color photo of the F250 with bed cap and the CM/1-64 on the blue painted trailer.
This might be a third single trailer, by that CA license plate number. This was at Riverside Oct 11, 1964.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »

tesGT350,

Dkutz,

Looking at how the Rear Wheel is only about 3 inches off the ground and the Front Wheel is about 10 to 12 inches off the ground, I would there is just one Jack Stand under the car and about where that guy is standing.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
found this photo on the web

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2018, 10:11:13 PM »
found this photo on the web

I can't be sure, but I think this was taken while packing for Daytona or Sebring early 1965 in Venice while parked on Princeton Drive.
We can see a hint of the fencing under the rear left side. It a tough photo to make a good call on with nothing else visible.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2018, 07:23:30 AM »
Speaking of Sebring 65, I have several original posters/booklets from Sebring 64, 65 also an original
COBRA nineteen sixty-four poster overall finishing order in the GT Classification.  Cool stuff. May be selling this stuff soon.

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2018, 11:49:31 AM »
 RE: reply #183:
  Wondering how accurate the Econoline could be as I've never seen a CS van with a black painted lower section.  If I saw one though, I'd still likely buy this.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »
RE: reply #183:
  Wondering how accurate the Econoline could be as I've never seen a CS van with a black painted lower section.  If I saw one though, I'd still likely buy this.

That photo is not an accurate replica. Die-cast companies typically sell alternate color "Variations" to help offset the cost of tooling.
This M2 company does make a correct painted version in the lighter blue two-tone for the CSSHPD van and a second version with the Powered by Ford logo.
Here's a link to some photos; https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=m2+shelby+van&FORM=HDRSC2

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »

tesGT350,

Dkutz,

The real vehicles.  They would be so cool to transport your cars with!

Did you see the photos of the real window van at INDY / SAAC 42?

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »
Rich, here's a shot of the Shelby/Wallis turbine unloading at Indy '68. you can see some of the transporter here.

Mike

http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/426-150518200149.jpeg

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
Rich, here's another one, this is at Laguna Seca for the Can-Am race in '68. I'm not sure if Shelby had a entry in this race ? or if this a support truck, didn't Shelby have a race tire business ?

sorry 'bout that Chevy guy on the left, Dick Guldstrand   ;)

(Dean Lester photo)

Mike

about the size I fiddled around and that's what came up, at least I'm able to get a pic on the forum   ::)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:36:36 PM by honker »

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
didn't Shelby have a race tire business ?
That's what kept him alive. All his other businesses had ups downs and went bust on many occasions. The tire biz was steady and kept food on the table. When CS got the Goodyear franchise he was renting space at Dean Moons. Moon was the Firestone dealer. Firestone & Goodyear didn't like that arrangement and made CS move out.
Update: Saturday we were on our way to NorCal and passed a truck, van and trailer. They were the support vehicles for Goodyear Airship Operations. The Goodyear blimp is based by CS's warehouse on land he is said to own with Goodyear making lease payments to him. Heard it in the 80s while at CS's. Anybody know if it's true? I'd suspect the opposite that CS was leasing the warehouse from Goodyear.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:46:40 AM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless