News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Re: Oldest Shelby owner George Dedekian

Started by JJH, August 11, 2020, 10:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJH

It is so nice to see that George Dedekian (age 98 and original '67 GT-500 owner) is still with us as noted in the fall edition of the SHELBY AMERICAN.

I haven't seen him in many years but he and his late wife Eleanor were a driving force along with the late Dr. Bob Kerwin ('66 SHELBY #144) as they were the SAAC reps here in New England for many years. George's '67 is pictured in the old SHELBY BUYERS GUIDE wearing the Massachusetts plate HSSSSS. Wishing you many more years sir.
SAAC member since 1981

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68gtcoupe

This is great to see!  All the best to George!!

Grumpy

Last time I saw him was in the 70's  8) Time flys by .

shelbydoug

Quote from: Grumpy on August 11, 2020, 08:42:35 PM
Last time I saw him was in the 70's  8) Time flys by .

About 1986 for me. George and his wife were always great company to hang out with.

I remember at John Barnes first Lake George meet, George ordered the shrimp dinner and what was served were like they were from a science fiction movie? They must have been like a pound each? Like lobsters?

I remember thinking, "if those came out of this lake, don't go near the water!"

He had just put the 427 in the car and said, "Doug...it does 100 like nothing!". No comment from his wife. Just a stare.  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

roddster

I hope when I'm 98 year old I can still have the urge to twist the key on #0036.  I'm not the youngest purchaser as I bought it in 1971 when I was 3 weeks shy of my 19th birthday, but I imagine I'm in the top 25.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on August 12, 2020, 10:43:31 AM
  I hope when I'm 98 year old I can still have the urge to twist the key on #0036.  I'm not the youngest purchaser as I bought it in 1971 when I was 3 weeks shy of my 19th birthday, but I imagine I'm in the top 25.
Congratulations Rod for being able to have the passion to keep that car for all these years.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

So,apparently we have found the key to longevity.Go ahead turn the key and push that pedal(the right one)..It's DEMONSTRABLY good for your health!!! 8)

Quote from: roddster on August 12, 2020, 10:43:31 AM
. 18.5 when I got mine (in 82) so I guess I am "up there".....

roddster

Tinface

George—You probably shouldn't be driving at that age—

By the way—You know —I'm thinking about buying a Shelby ...

Many more miles and smiles George. You rock dude!

Tinface